Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Caedite Eos Novit Enim Do
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious after watching the NHRA dragbike's last evening on tv how much H.P those bikes are putting out, also i didnt realize that most of the field is buells/HD'S, i dont watch drag racing much but i must say watching the big boys run was pretty entertaining.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
the pro sport bike's which most are busa with turbo's have 360 to 380 with no wheelie (run low 7.20's) bar's the pro stock bike's that run in NHRA have about the same but have wheelie bars and slick's

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
haha..top fuel dragsters have 1500 horse...i think a bike would actually take off in flight with that much power

·
Caedite Eos Novit Enim Do
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha..top fuel dragsters have 1500 horse...i think a bike would actually take off in flight with that much power
uhh....... i do know that top fuel F/C and top fuel rail car's are in the 7000-8000 hp range, there's no-way those bike's could be putting out 1500H.P i dont think the pro-stock cars are putting that much out.

·
Registered
536 Posts
The only NHRA motorcycle class I am aware of, is Pro stock. Those bikes make around320-330 RWHP. Might be a little bit higher.

Top fuel bikes are not NHRA
Top fuel dragsters are rumored to have 7000 hp

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Here is a link to a Steve Johnson article.

http://www.knfilters.com/news/news.aspx?ID=223

$100/HP...not bad...

Plus this is a clipping from the NHRA site:

Pro Stock Motorcycles: Producing more than 300 horsepower, these highly modified motorcycles can cover the quarter-mile in less than 7.0 seconds at more than 195 mph. The chromoly steel chassis is cloaked in a lightweight, aerodynamically enhanced replica of the original motorcycle body, and the carbureted gasoline engine may be a Harley V-twin, a two-valve, or a four-valve.

·
Registered
286 Posts
The top fuel bikes put out around 1,000 but, they are in a different series. Nitromethane and a supercharger really boosts power.

Link to bike info
http://www.larrymcbride.com/bikespecs.htm
Link to 5.79 1/4 mile pass

·
Registered
582 Posts
All 14 mph on the back half is kinda funny compared to the first half. Alltogether amazing though!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts