·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
05 suzuki sv1000
1.88 60ft

half track
7.25 at 100.67

If I ''strapped'' down the front end, what would be a realistic time, as it was impossible for me to go wot in first.... Is it ok to strap the front without doing any other mods to the chassis? TIA

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
if you are trying to get into the 10's. Then yes i think a strap will do it for you, no other mods required. unless you have radial mounted calipers then you will need brackets.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, im gonna grab one off ebay and head back to the track.

How much travel do you leave in the suspension?
How low do most people drop the rear? I also see they make fixed dogbones in the rear for cheap. 1 2 or 3 inch...

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
if you are trying to get into the 10's. Then yes i think a strap will do it for you, no other mods required. unless you have radial mounted calipers then you will need brackets.
:+1: A strap is a must if drag racing a bike :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
That's a respectable time IMO. Used to have a sv650 BTW.

·
Registered
643 Posts
60ft times are pretty good, i'd say you would be awful close to hitting 10's, lowering across the board will def put you in the 10.9 range. figure out your gearing also, are you having to make another shift late in the track, or are you crossing the line after you have dropped off power, sometimes one or two teeth on a back sproket can make a pretty decent difference.
for instance my buddy on his TLR went up 2 teeth on his back sproket and became slower because he had to make one more shift even though his 1/8 mile time imprved.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Cool, im gonna grab one off ebay and head back to the track.

How much travel do you leave in the suspension?
How low do most people drop the rear? I also see they make fixed dogbones in the rear for cheap. 1 2 or 3 inch...
Crank it down as hard as you can - unless you're the incredible hulk, there will still be enough suspension travel. :thumbsup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
60ft times are pretty good, i'd say you would be awful close to hitting 10's, lowering across the board will def put you in the 10.9 range. figure out your gearing also, are you having to make another shift late in the track, or are you crossing the line after you have dropped off power, sometimes one or two teeth on a back sproket can make a pretty decent difference.
for instance my buddy on his TLR went up 2 teeth on his back sproket and became slower because he had to make one more shift even though his 1/8 mile time imprved.
Best advice yet when I first started with a PURE stock bike other than gearing on my 10R the strap plus lowering helps concentrate on other things like Ruthless will tell you that takes practice. I believe on my experimental Black ZX10R bike I did 10.9s strapped(my first time only after strapping EVER hitting the 10s) and a few visits later 10.3s on my Bloo bike... BAM I am in....that's the key my gearing as well I am at the limit in 4th gear(but no loss of power) on a pure stock bike going through the traps(145mph+) so after that happened it was just practice to get quick off the line because I never had to worry about the back half or create any slow down(changing gears by foot late) as my time slips show that :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts