Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering roughly how much BHP am İ looking to gain if İ fit race cams on my 10R ??

İ currently have a PC V, full M4 exhaust, K&N air filter and butterflies mod.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Just did the kawi 08 race intake cam w/thinn head gasket in my 06. Gaine about 5-6 hp to rear wheel and abot 2ft lbs trq. Pulls hard from 4k to redline. Your results may differ tho.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Current mods, gutted cat, shortned dnd slip_ons, flys removed, gipro gear/atre, servo eliminator, smog block offs, exgst valve removed, bazzaz w/ custome map, also had cams degreed to race maunal specs in-110 ex- 104

·
Registered
452 Posts
Its not a mind blowing hit like a 40 shot or anything. Just good usuable power all around. In 6th gear just cruzing at 70 mph bout 5k, pin it and it just moves out. Used to kind lag a bit til rpms jumped up over 8k then. It would move out.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Just wondering roughly how much BHP am İ looking to gain if İ fit race cams on my 10R ??

İ currently have a PC V, full M4 exhaust, K&N air filter and butterflies mod.
Really depends on the cams and cam timing. Some race cams are overly aggressive with large duration and lift numbers. I've seen people actually loose power on the dyno due to it. Also cam timing results in taking power from one area in the RPM band and moving it somewhere else. Too many different factors to accurately say how much you are going to gain.

·
Registered
452 Posts
So its not really worth it unless İ am planning to race track?
Depends on what ur trying to do? Since my bike had 24k on it and valve adjustment was due and cam had to come out any way. Plus parts were only about 150.00 plus labor . So for about the price of a slip-on and pc good usuble power every where.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Does anybody know where can I buy a set of race cams from the US?
Talk to Ioannis... LOL I've helped him out a few times when he needs parts.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Really depends on the cams and cam timing. Some race cams are overly aggressive with large duration and lift numbers. I've seen people actually loose power on the dyno due to it. Also cam timing results in taking power from one area in the RPM band and moving it somewhere else. Too many different factors to accurately say how much you are going to gain.

+1 but it is worth it if you get a cam or cams that has set lift and duration for your modifications.... aka headwork bigger bore stroke ect. people sometimes just throw a cam in and assume cause it allows more air/exhaust flow that it will help them but not the case. But if your referring to the kawi intake cam or somthing like that ...it will give you usable power on the street or track with proper tuning and i would deff do it.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I agree - I put a 3rd gen intake cam in my 1st gen - degreed in at 110/102 and picked up 7hp on top - very linear pull from 5k till redline / no dips just a constant pull all the way to 13k - pretty good for a thin hg and intake cam IMHO.:hello:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts