Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
though not to visit someone? Your own injuries/sickness etc..

Believe I have been 5 times.

Food poison(twice)
torn ACL
dislocated shoulder
damn near cut my thumb off- (14 stitches)

you?.......

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
hmmmm i guess really only twice for me..

1st time...closed head injury ie concussion related to a highside..overnight stay.

2nd time...blunt chest trauma, fractured L1-L5 vertebrae, fractured pelvis, and degloved right lower leg related to coming down palomar mountain and not staying on the rode..lol...one month stay...:mrgreen:

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Lets see get some popcorn, these are the ones I can remember:

Trip 1: Age 2 or 3 jumped outa crib and broke collar bone.
Trip 2: Age 5, fell 10ft on my face, broke several bones in my face...Had stiches put on the inside of my mouth and in my chin.
Trip 3: Age 13, wrestling and came down hard from double leg take down. Broke left humorous bone at the joint.
Trip 4: Two weeks after ^ shoulder didn't feel right. This was my first seperation and after x-rays saw something wrong. 3 hour surgery later and 3 pins I had one of them foamy pads around my waiste and was home schooled until they took it off.
Trips 5-13: Started freshman year in football. Seperated left shoulder roughly 12 times. Went to the er for half of them.
Trip 14: Freshman year of college. I was pitching in Philli and threw out my shoulder, torn rotator cuff.
Trip 15: Drove my self to the ER after my bike accident last june. Seperated right shoulder, seperated right collar bone, and again tore my rotator cuff.

I hate the freakin hospital.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
wow CHad...you are definatly an accident waiting to happen...:eyecrazy:

I went about 4x when I was young for pnemonia.

once for separated shoulder doing kartwheels on my 10r.

once for hi-siding my mini and hyper-extending a couple of fingers.

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,131 Posts
Once for me, Acura Integera VS. Ford Expedition in Las Vegas (head on). The A hole mistaked the signals between a "green turn arrow" and " yield on green", nothing was broken but the seat belt did the most damange with deep bruise.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
once for inner ear infection
concussion (motorcycle accident)
staf infection
2 broken arms (from a rollerblading accident)

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I have been twice. Once for stitches in the knee from swimming in a pond. I guess I caught it on some glass or something. Second time a glass fell out of the cabinet and I went to catch it. When I did it busted in my hand and had to get stitches.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
1 for dehydration
1 for bike wreck... compression fracture on T12 and I hyper extended my left leg going outboard tearing up the ligaments on the inside of my leg. That's what happens when you try to pass someone on the outside.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Now they say that left handed people are more clumsy, so how many of us are left handed.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
More than I can count

Grew up on dirtbikes so I was on a first named basis with the ER doctors for various injuries. When you're young, boots, gloves, helmet were things you took off after leaving sight of your parents.
Had Hodgkins Lymphoma (sp) - 6 months of crap there. I still can't go into a x-ray area without getting sick to my stomach.
Anklosing Spondilitis - took 5 doctors to figure this one out. Genetic (thanks mom) disorder that causes your vertabra to generate excess calcium and if I don't keep limber I'll lock up permenantly.
Motorcycle crash in 84/85 spent a month in there for that, broken pelvis and some other messed up things.

And they wonder why I have a pretty high tolerance for pain.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
perforated ear drum (wipe out on hydroslide)

Blood poisoning (early stage) stepped on sea urchin, had a piece in foot.

Lots of times for stitches, seemed like every teacher's work day saw me getting stitches for a while there.
Had the neighborhood record for stitches til my friend got hit by a car.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
I like this thread! :thumbsup:

Great reading!

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Glad to see that we all like to help the medical field in their jobs

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
4 full blown concussions - 3 football 1 wrestling
stitches in left finger - playing with knife
smashed big toe - taxing a plane into the hanger
stitches in mouth - wrestling
hyperextended right knee - wrestling

i think that is it. i cannot remember anything else.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
alteredZX-10 said:
4 full blown concussions - 3 football 1 wrestling
stitches in left finger - playing with knife
smashed big toe - taxing a plane into the hanger
stitches in mouth - wrestling
hyperextended right knee - wrestling

i think that is it. i cannot remember anything else.
not very bright gettin run over by a plane...:heyyou:

btw, I would hate to run into the guy who gave you a concussion in wresling...:eyecrazy:

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
i was pulling it into the hanger and when i was removing the tow bar it slipped out of my hands and smashed my big toe. it hurt a tad bit. the wrestling concussion was when both of shot in on each others legs i turned my head away and his forehead hit me square in the temple. i was counting the lights after that one.

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
pongo said:
hmmmm i guess really only twice for me..

1st time...closed head injury ie concussion related to a highside..overnight stay.

2nd time...blunt chest trauma, fractured L1-L5 vertebrae, fractured pelvis, and degloved right lower leg related to coming down palomar mountain and not staying on the rode..lol...one month stay...:mrgreen:

Hey man i was wondering did u make a full recovery from that accident or are u still healing up? How is the leg doing?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts