Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering because I did and it was the best thing I've done to the bike. Truthfully, why buy a ZX10 to be as fast as other bikes gsxr- R1. What was once a close race is now me pulling away HARD.
I use to own a 02 GSXR that made 155 with a slip on, never had a bike with a full syetem beat me. My opinion changed when my buddy got a full system on his zx10 and was walking off from me with no mapping done to his bike and a custom map on mine.
-Now we dead even, everything else in the mirrors.

Oh by-the-way, love to do wheelies- new system kinda shocked me when in 3rd it shot the 12'oclock :badteeth: (putted home that night afterwards) . 4th gear wheelies very easy now. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I lost power from the s/o to the f/s. Down 3 on peak torque. It should work well with later mods.

·
Registered
153 Posts
silverbullet1000 said:
Just wondering because I did and it was the best thing I've done to the bike. Truthfully, why buy a ZX10 to be as fast as other bikes gsxr- R1. What was once a close race is now me pulling away HARD.
I use to own a 02 GSXR that made 155 with a slip on, never had a bike with a full syetem beat me. My opinion changed when my buddy got a full system on his zx10 and was walking off from me with no mapping done to his bike and a custom map on mine.
-Now we dead even, everything else in the mirrors.

Oh by-the-way, love to do wheelies- new system kinda shocked me when in 3rd it shot the 12'oclock :badteeth: (putted home that night afterwards) . 4th gear wheelies very easy now. :thumbsup:
What brand system? Easy on setting those wheelies down, the ram air tube brackets break easy from what they say around here. Later, Odin

·
Registered
477 Posts
I ain't trying to start shit with you again mate, but if the system lost power over the slip on, I'd be either getting a better system, or going back to the slip on. This "but it'll work with cams and pistons" stuff, yeah it will, the pistons and cams will give it the h.p that it would have with a better system to begin with. Was it mapped? Either pipe or system? But still, a good system will always make more h.p than the slip on, regardless of mods to your bike.

·
Registered
311 Posts
went to a muzzy full but now looking maybe for something new not sure yet

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
went from AreaP slip on to Akra EvoII. Does it make more HP? Yes. Do I regret it? Yes.

Ok, b4 the flames start.... The reason I regret it is purely monetary. There was no need to spend the $1300 bucks to gain 4 hp over the slip on. I got caught up in a HP war and lost. Wish I had spent that money on suspension or wheels.

...just wanted to tell the "other" less heard opinion.

·
Registered
311 Posts
agreed...... the gain is so minimal it almost not worth it .. but i only paid 600 for the ti muzzy system :mrgreen: i got " a steal of a deal " from star cycle they didnt know what to do when i showed them the invoice they mailed to me when the system finally came in with the price on it that the original guy they quoted me on it. so they sold it to me for that price!!!!! (he no longer works there)

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
hindle slip-on to hindle full system...no regrets but the bike had so much power might be my only regret...got to be a hand full...but man the wheelies it would pull.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Odin said:
What brand system? Easy on setting those wheelies down, the ram air tube brackets break easy from what they say around here. Later, Odin
Akra-race got it for $930 shipped. Actually if you set the wheel down ruff anywhere over 140 mph its gona do a lot of damage.

For those who think its not worth 4 HP, try racing a bike with 4 less HP it will make it look like a Honda-slow :eek:ccasion1 .

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
silverbullet1000 said:
For those who think its not worth 4 HP, try racing a bike with 4 less HP it will make it look like a Honda-slow :eek:ccasion1 .
very true, especially if weights are simular. But this is straight line racing only. We all know what happens when you throw in some curves. Rider is all the difference.

The choice comes down to what your priorities are. Straight line muscle or overall package.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
I got the full micron. slip ons only add 1 to 3 hp fulls are going to be 12 to 18{micron}
But i try not to discourage slipons because... ok lets say "jim" works at the record store and wants a full system but his pot smokin dayz landed him this shitty job. so he aint got $1200 to drop on a pipe. So he is going to save his pennies. well jim gets killed because lil ol lady next to jim didnt look and didnt hear jim so now jim has no bike to put a pipe on........and a prostetic nut from the accident. ok i made that part up. but the moral is if you cant drop the dough for a full then buy a slip on and be safe and dont worry about HP zx10s pull more chicks and thats all that matters.

·
Registered
311 Posts
12 to 18??? i havent seen many gains that high except with lots of tuning done

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
miykl said:
very true, especially if weights are simular. But this is straight line racing only. We all know what happens when you throw in some curves. Rider is all the difference.

The choice comes down to what your priorities are. Straight line muscle or overall package.

That is why my zx10 race bike only has a slip on.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I bought Miykl's Area P and had it rebuilt after his "incident". It was a huge improvement over the stock system.

Will I goto to a full? Nope. #1 I'd rather put the extra money in to paying off my loan. #2 I don't find enough places where I live to go out and use what I have now! #3 I may end up going to a slower bike for my next one (how can you not if you get anything but another 10 :wink: ), so why make it seem even slower by making the 10 faster......

miykl said:
went from AreaP slip on to Akra EvoII. Does it make more HP? Yes. Do I regret it? Yes.

Ok, b4 the flames start.... The reason I regret it is purely monetary. There was no need to spend the $1300 bucks to gain 4 hp over the slip on. I got caught up in a HP war and lost. Wish I had spent that money on suspension or wheels.

...just wanted to tell the "other" less heard opinion.

·
Registered
434 Posts
sczx10r said:
I got the full micron. slip ons only add 1 to 3 hp fulls are going to be 12 to 18{micron}
But i try not to discourage slipons because... ok lets say "jim" works at the record store and wants a full system but his pot smokin dayz landed him this shitty job. so he aint got $1200 to drop on a pipe. So he is going to save his pennies. well jim gets killed because lil ol lady next to jim didnt look and didnt hear jim so now jim has no bike to put a pipe on........and a prostetic nut from the accident. ok i made that part up. but the moral is if you cant drop the dough for a full then buy a slip on and be safe and dont worry about HP zx10s pull more chicks and thats all that matters.
WTF are you smoking? :badteeth:

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
41ants said:
WTF are you smoking? :badteeth:
Gotta agree. 1-4 hp?? My slip on with custom map made 160HP at the wheel. A 7HP increase from the base map. A full system with custom map will only get you 3-5 HP more than slipon. The map is key.

·
Registered
314 Posts
sczx10r said:
thanks for those words of wisdom "Jim" - thats the best post I've read on an exhaust thread for ages LOL

1 - 20 of 24 Posts