Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Law Enforcement here.
NYS Dept. of Correctional Services.
I could also qualify to an extent as Fire/EMS as being a CERT (Correction Emergency Response Team) member.
We train multiple times a year with the local FD's & EMT's in basic rapid response 1st aid, CPR, etc. We train alongside them in full bunker gear, using their training towers, getting fit tested each year.
I have much respect for all firefighters especially after training with them, because all that shit they wear is heavy as hell and hotter than hell, especially those air packs.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Used to be in EMS as a voli. No longer though. Couldn't juggle the 60 hours a month requirement along with the new longer commute I had when I bought my first townhouse. Went from being charge person on the unit to being a driver of the rigs.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
4 years volunteer firefighter, Now 5.5 years as a Paramedic (ALS) been doing it since I was 19 so I don't know any different.
My first ever call as a firefighter was for a motorcycle crash, dude lost it in gravel with his wife on the back, both wearing tank top, shorts, and sandles...you will never catch me on my bike in less than jacket, pants, boots, and gloves.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:eek:ccasion1
10roller said:
nursing student, inactive EMT here......close, kinda sorta......

keep up the good work fellas....
Works for me. My wife is in nursing school. I even thought about it after she is done for a side job the department wil pay for it.

·
GP Star/Official Spam Spotter
5,756 Posts
when i was i kid i wanted to be a firefighter does that count? :badteeth:

·
Currently Clueless
1,516 Posts
Law Enforcement Certified. But currently working overseas cause the moeny is alot better and get to shoot at people without the paperwork.

·
Registered
194 Posts
PO PO for the last 26yrs. assigned to traffic division the last 7 yrs. I purchase anything that rolls for the PD plus all of the toys that go on or in it. Example Cruisers Bikes Motorcycles radios,light systems. Every once in a while I get to test and eval new weapons. Day job Mon-Fri 0700-1500. And it use to be all the OT we wanted. That has changed though. There are better jobs in the Pd but i'm not complaining.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts