Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
61 - 80 of 99 Posts

· Registered
164 Posts
In North America any douche bag squid can be posing on a 1L in their teens completely oblivious to the responsibility and power they have on tap.

I think I just found my new sig!

· Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,958 Posts
Originally Posted by alaywa
In North America any douche bag squid can be posing on a 1L in their teens completely oblivious to the responsibility and power they have on tap.

I say yes and no, first off I'm not young or anything but I rode dirt bikes since about 6 years of age and can say I quickly found my self on a 1000 in my first three years of riding a street bike, so by the time I was 19 I was on a 1000 plain and simple. So please explain to me if us teens that are riding litre bikes around are oblivious to the power that sits under us, then why the hell at my first track day was I out riding guys that were 30+ years old, they moved me up a hole class cause I was lapping people on my r1 ect. I can say not to many people grew up around bikes like I did but that comment is just so simple minded I had to say something, cause age isnt anything, its skill and wanting to learn and any age is capable

· Registered
312 Posts
I think it's all about maturity and discipline no matter what age or riding ability. Hear me out... My first bike was a Yamaha V Max and every magazine review and what not will tell you that Mr Max would be a horrible choice for a first bike. They are also correct if you keep it at WOT non stop and ride like a complete jackass. With me, I was in lust with the old dinosaur and was not going to waste my money on a "starter" bike. Sure enough, I learned to respect the beast and now have moved on to the ZX10 and couldn't be happier. Either way you go....good luck, be safe and respect the power.

· Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,958 Posts
thank you, some people in here are around like 40+/50+/60+ years old and if your not as old as them your a squid, its funny how some people become so simple minded and focused on there own opinions they turn them into fact!!! I just cant wait to leave work here in the nexted couple hours and wake up to come back and see what people posted after me lol!!

Truthfully if you guys think squids come by age check out this kid ok!!!
regardless this kid is on a dirt bike, but hes no older then 7 years old...any age can ride!!!

· Registered
224 Posts
I think the age argument is valid, to a point. You're simply an exception to the rule, since most everyone can agree that teens tend to be a bit more wild and carry a false sense of invincibility. Even then, a good amount of those wild teens still don't "grow up" even in their 30s to 40s.

Getting back on topic, first bike was a YZF600R. Last a whopping 5 seconds on it :headshake Ended up doing about 15k miles on it before selling it. Next bike was a Z1000, which I don't really consider a liter bike seeing as how it only makes about 10 more hp than a current 600. Even then, that move scared me for a week. Did almost 20k miles on her. Now I've got the 08 10R and even with a decent amount of miles under my belt, to be perfectly honest, I immediately regretted moving up to a liter bike. A year and a few trackdays later, I still wish I had waited for the 09 6R. Maybe it's because I'm scared shitless about wrecking it, but I know I would be a shit ton faster if I had just picked up a used 600cc track bike. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the 10R, but it would just be so much more fun to flog a 600 on the track and it's too easy to go too fast on public roads.

· Registered
26 Posts
In high school i bought a honda 750 cruiser then jonied the military left the bike at home then five years later (in 2007) i bought my first sport bike 2006 ZX10R.

· Registered
625 Posts
he wouldnt sell you one, heck most people at dealerships really never walk a fresh squid over to a 1000, most will take you by the super sport 600cc or the little mid-class like the zzr600 or sv650s or something along those lines, I worked at a dealership for a little while and never once saw any sales rep walk up and say looking for a bike, you say yes, and he says what are you looking for in a bike, is this your first, you say yes, first place he walked everyone is by all the little 600's then the super sports ect. But I was the same way, I rode a dirt bike sense I was little kid, so when it came time to get a sportbike it was just one big dirt bike haha
might have had something to do with my size? 6'3'' 220. he said i would out grow it, or spend all my money trying to make it faster.

· Registered
1,339 Posts
The last bike I owned was a 86 ZX6R.
I got married in 88.
Started having children in 91.
Sold the ZX6R in 93.
Kept riding friends bikes occasionally.
Bought the 2006 ZX10R on Dec-23-2006.
These bikes are BEASTS!

· Team Green Baby!
2014 MV Agusta F3 675
1,548 Posts
Didn't take long for me. My first bike is a litre! :lol: My friends convinced me if I'm gonna buy a new bike...go for a 1000 cuz you'll regret getting a 600. On the other hand, if I was buying a used bike and money was a concern I would of went with a 6.

· Registered
10 Posts
when I was a kid I rode a tiny motorcycle that had a motor from an edger on it... then the next bike I rode was my dads 95 zx11... then i got a 2000 zx9 (cause it was cheap) and then 05 zx10 (think in summer of 06). I've never rode a bike I thought was too fast :D but I definately like lighter bikes. zx9 was a tank in comparison

61 - 80 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.