Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have always been a Toseland fan but i think Vermeulen does have a good chance with all the prep that kawasaki has done over the past year.Come on it would be great to have a Kawasaki as a winner.

·
Registered
447 Posts
The amount of energy and dedication Kawi is putting into this, I am sure they are going to win some races, if they dont, then its just bad. They have the rider (possibly) to make it very competetive. Kawi hasnt put this much effort into racing in a while, and its like anything else, you get out what you put into it. They are going to step up the effort and put a good rider on it. What they really need is to put Joan Lascorz on the 10r, he logged some outstanding times on the bike, best for Kawi (Vermulen was not persent).

·
Caedite Eos Novit Enim Do
2,461 Posts
Im affraid your not going to see that good of results, tom sykes couldnt do anything with the yamaha all year & i dont see vermulen winning any races but can see him in the top 10.

·
Registered
13 Posts
tom sykes was ok in bsb in 2008 on a suzuki towards the end of the season fingers crossed he will perfrom for team greenn

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Im affraid your not going to see that good of results, tom sykes couldnt do anything with the yamaha all year & i dont see vermulen winning any races but can see him in the top 10.
He wasn't on the podium, but he was consistantly fast. He finished in the top 10 in points.

Kawi won't win a race in 2010 and if they get a podium it would be because of a foul weather race.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Not gonna happen.
Gonna have to be a fluke, like half wet/half dry race or something.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they haven't WON and wont WIN because :

(pessimistic I know)

press 1 for everything to do with the 10 (equipment, development, etc...)

press 2 for everything to do with the riders they have/had

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
i dont think they will do great, but i do think they will do better. Vermulen isnt the best rider, but he does have skill and can give some valuable feedback back to the crew.

Kawi needs to do something because even though "professional" racing doesnt equate what we all ride on the street, it does trickle down and there is a certain amount of respect that is due to a winner. the 10r can win and i hope with all this new funding and energy kawi can get some results.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I agree with you about sykes, he just didnt do anything this year, he wasnt even mentioned in the races, unless he fell. Now given he is a good rider, just not as good as the guys hes riding against. Vermulen will be riding really hard giving it all hes got, hes moved down in the ranks now, and will have to proove himself again to get back to GP where he wants to be. Its like Spies, he pushed so hard this year, becuase thats where he wants to be, same with Vermulen. His career is on the line here, time to rise to the occasion or fade out.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Lascorz needs to ride the 10R.
Yes, his times are up there w/ Spies. Too bad he still going to be on the 600, but a W is a W to kawi, even if it is WSS.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am sure Vermeulen is going to give all he has and so will everyone else.I can only say it is going to be a very interesting 2010 and all the best for Spies

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
The trick is gonna be finding riders to develop the bike IMO.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I was hoping that they would give Jamie Hacking one of their WSB rides. He may have ridden like a maniac but if I'm not mistaken he did have the best kawi result of the year in WSB. Would it have been such a big deal to pull one of their backmarkers (everyone on a kawasaki but Parkes) off a ride and give Jamie a full season shot? If nothing else his riding style would have gotten kawasaki some attention during the races, even if he's not in contention.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Ducati all the way then with Yamahas team as strong as they are who knows. Cal and James are both going to be very tuff next year. But Bayless may come back and if so , ohh snapppppp!

·
Caedite Eos Novit Enim Do
2,461 Posts
i dont think they will do great, but i do think they will do better. Vermulen isnt the best rider, but he does have skill and can give some valuable feedback back to the crew.

Kawi needs to do something because even though "professional" racing doesnt equate what we all ride on the street, it does trickle down and there is a certain amount of respect that is due to a winner. the 10r can win and i hope with all this new funding and energy kawi can get some results.
good post, even though i ride an R1 for my litre bike i still love my kawi's and still own one (1400 concours) i think the 10R is capable of winning i really do but like said 560000000000000000000 times before they are let down by the riders, i wish they could of landed rea, or even shaky burne

1 - 20 of 27 Posts