Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently sold my zx636 because i got some new ideas...more on that later.
When selling it i used 4 resorces.
1 autotrader
2 ebay
3 craigslist
4 internet forums

1. the autotrader cost money and they gave out my info to telimarketers...assholes!

2 my ebay aution and cragslist were going at the same time. Ebay looked ok but not great.

3 bike sold here. It was free and sold in 2 days!!!!! I have never been a fan of craigslist but i think im warming up to it! Big kuto's here!!!

4. It was free and generated a ton of questions but no money... I think it would have sold on a forum but may have taken awhile...

Other tips.
Clean the bike up... people dont want your dirt.

Fix broke stuff! dont kill anyone.

Sorry got to run

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
I recently sold my zx636 because i got some new ideas...more on that later.
When selling it i used 4 resorces.
1 autotrader
2 ebay
3 craigslist
4 internet forums

1. the autotrader cost money and they gave out my info to telimarketers...assholes!

2 my ebay aution and cragslist were going at the same time. Ebay looked ok but not great.

3 bike sold here. It was free and sold in 2 days!!!!! I have never been a fan of craigslist but i think im warming up to it! Big kuto's here!!!

4. It was free and generated a ton of questions but no money... I think it would have sold on a forum but may have taken awhile...

Other tips.
Clean the bike up... people dont want your dirt.

Fix broke stuff! dont kill anyone.

Sorry got to run
Congrats...I tried Craigslist and it worked when I tried selling my 2003 a while back...I just ended up selling it to a friend.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I have sold most of my bikes on cycletrader and have never had any problems with telemarketers. It usually works good its just expensive.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got spam mail after listing with autotrader as well, I think its because the email addresses and phone numbers arn't protected on that website as they are on craigslist.

I sold my shadow with craigslist, it took a while but was free and i had my bike listed a bit high.

I'm going to be using craigslist for selling my bikes or whatever from now on.

however if you're looking to buy i'd probably look at the respective forums for the bike you're interested in, the bikes on forums that are for sale seem to be quite clean and have a detailed history behind them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts