Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Caedite Eos Novit Enim Do
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my old man and i are wanting to do something to wake up his 14 so it will run a little better in the lower rpm range,he put the muzzy stainless slip-on's on it so far,we keep hearing about removing the secondaries but hear alot of negative about doing that. What about a power commander are they worth it with the slip-ons? And what exactly does the tre do for the 14. Thank you for any imput.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've heard that the ECU for the bike limits power in the lower rev range in the first few gears. I think a power comander or fi2000 should be the first plan of action. :cool:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Don't own a zx14 but here is what I read.The secondaries do not open until around 7000 rpm.You can remove the secondaries and remap but you lose some driveability.Or install the TRE from ivan and remap.With the TRE now the secondaries open at 3000 rpm.From what I read this makes a huge difference in low end power and torque.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've heard that the ECU for the bike limits power in the lower rev range in the first few gears. I think a power comander or fi2000 should be the first plan of action. :cool:

What your refering to is the secondaries not opening until around 6000 rpm or so. And a power commander will not have any effect on the secondaries opening sooner. That is programmed into the ECU and the power commander doesn't affect that.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,616 Posts
A 10-year thread bump! Awesome!

Since this forum is specifically for the ZX-10R and not the ZX-14, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say there's no pictures of that here. Besides, the TRE debacle is a decade out of date and has gone the way of the DoDo bird. They don't work anyway.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts