Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mythical Mod of Yore
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's scary. Key broke off in the ignition of my girl's CBR with the forks locked. I tried everything I could think of to get the ignition off...it kicked my ass and I trailered it and took it to the shop today. In about 5 minutes I (by myself) was able to get this bike with locked forks up the ramp and onto the trailer...another 5 and I had it strapped down and was on my way.

Amazing how easy it is to pluck a bike...

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
It's scary. Key broke off in the ignition of my girl's CBR with the forks locked. I tried everything I could think of to get the ignition off...it kicked my ass and I trailered it and took it to the shop today. In about 5 minutes I (by myself) was able to get this bike with locked forks up the ramp and onto the trailer...another 5 and I had it strapped down and was on my way.

Damn you're having alot of bad luck recently.:beer:

·
can we ride yet!?!?!?
3,522 Posts
shit, that reminds me i left the key in my bike!!!!. my female gs is out there with it and my garage is in a privacy fenced back yard but still....

man i'm with bkninja, you are having some trying times!!!

·
Mythical Mod of Yore
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2 sweet ass bikes in the garage and can't ride either...WTF...well...that's not true...just made a run to Taco Bell on mine...but it's FAR from street legal...

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
If you don't care about the ignition, you could always use a slide hammer.:thumbsup: Screw it in the key hole, and wham! it out. if you are lucky, the entire locking mechanism will come out the first try. Then use a screwdriver to turn the ignition on and unlock the forks. A warning though, it may trash the mount that the ignition switch sits in. Not the prettiest solution, but just a thought. How do I know? My '84 900 ninja had that same problem and my locksmith uncle showed me the fix.:badteeth:

·
Mythical Mod of Yore
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks...but the locksmith who cut the key wrong (and from a really flimsy blank) is covering the cost...I'm just stubborn and wanted to take care of it myself...but I really didn't want to eff up my girlfriend's bike...I'm a little more gentle with hers than I am mine

·
Registered
132 Posts

i don't leave my bike if i can't see it-all it takes is a couple guys (or a couple burly girls) to throw it into a van or pickup and their on their way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts