Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DAY GENTS
CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW DURABLE ZX10 MOTORS ARE CAUSE LOTS OF PEOPLE TALK SHIT ABOUT MY BIKES MOTOR THEY SAY ITS SOFT AND CANT TAKE THE PUNCH AND WILL GIVE ME ENDLESS PROBLEMS. I HAVE A 2007 ZX10 AND SOFAR PROBLEM FREE SHITHEADS!!!!!! CAN U PLEASE COMMENT ON THIS WILL BE NICE TO KNOW WHAT ALL U GUYS THINK:eek:ccasion1:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
774 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Very stout. Mine ran a long long time at 300hp, with turbo pistons and valvesprings. All else stock.

If you drag race, consider welding the clutch basket, or replacing with billet, and install heavier valvesprings.

FYI; caps lock = yelling.

Dean

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
60,000 km on mine, and there are quite a number of forum members have more than that. Yours doesn't have the high-speed alternator weak point that mine does, either.

'Course, all of this is contingent on being properly maintained and not abused. If you set out to break it (whether deliberately or by negligence), you can. And the same can be said for everything else.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
21,000 on my 07, not one problem with the motor! Take good care of her and she'll last a long time!!!!

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
DAY GENTS
CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW DURABLE ZX10 MOTORS ARE CAUSE LOTS OF PEOPLE TALK SHIT ABOUT MY BIKES MOTOR THEY SAY ITS SOFT AND CANT TAKE THE PUNCH AND WILL GIVE ME ENDLESS PROBLEMS. I HAVE A 2007 ZX10 AND SOFAR PROBLEM FREE SHITHEADS!!!!!! CAN U PLEASE COMMENT ON THIS WILL BE NICE TO KNOW WHAT ALL U GUYS THINK:eek:ccasion1:eek:ccasion1
HAHA one of Kawi's best features is, they can build a motor! the guys telling you this are idiots.

·
Registered
145 Posts
motor

Not sure who you were talking too, but the bottm end on Kawi motors are bullet proof and have been for along time! Kawis have been known for their motors for decades, great motors but the rest of the bike lacked the handling and ergonomics of the Hondas and Yamaha up until 8-10 years ago IMO.

·
Registered
774 Posts
this shithead has 23k on his '07. rides 400-500 miles a week, to meet fellow shitheads:cool:

·
Registered
819 Posts
Mine makes pretty good power, now granted I have alot of stuff in it, it still has a stock crank and it hasnt broken yet :thumbsup: It has also taken a few motors to figure it out and we are not sure if its right yet but when I was at 250 to 300 hp it would have lived forever

·
Registered
92 Posts
Not to bust on any one but my 07 ZX10 motor lasted 297 miles and threw the #3 rod out through the case. Now with the rebuilt one in its running stong with no problems.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Not to bust on any one but my 07 ZX10 motor lasted 297 miles and threw the #3 rod out through the case. Now with the rebuilt one in its running stong with no problems.
If Kawi in one year builds 10,000 motors and 100 blow. that’s not a problem, that’s just a 1% failure rate.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
This is a very rare occurrence from what I can gather. Kawi makes a great motor.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Well my motor started knocking took it to my dealer he called Kawasaki and told them the deal with the noise (which he thought was rod bearing noise). They said that the noise was normal and it would be fine. Well i picked bike up from him and made it a mile down the road and i had a hole lot of pieces. Have to say i was taken care of but not in a timely manner almost 5 months to get my bike back.I was a bit pissed but this is just something that can happen.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
26,000 miles on my 1st gen only thing I replaced was the cam chain tensioner!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
819 Posts
Well my motor started knocking took it to my dealer he called Kawasaki and told them the deal with the noise (which he thought was rod bearing noise). They said that the noise was normal and it would be fine. Well i picked bike up from him and made it a mile down the road and i had a hole lot of pieces. Have to say i was taken care of but not in a timely manner almost 5 months to get my bike back.I was a bit pissed but this is just something that can happen.
You obviously drag your bike from the pictures I can see. Do you have a flat pan on it? Did you pull the pickup to see if it was clogged...... Oil light come on at all? What led up to it chucking the rod.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yes I do drag race bike. Had it at track 3 times before knocking occurred. No oil light ever came or any sign any thing was wrong. My deal even said he thought it was rod noise but Kawasaki said that there was nothing wrong. That's just they way the bottom ends were set up. Well that guy was wrong n Kawasaki ended up putting a motor in my bike

1 - 20 of 28 Posts