Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 03 zx6 (636) to the strip the other night and my best time was 11.3 at 123mph. reaction time was .213 and i think the 60 foot was right at 2 seconds. the bike has a pipe and power commander on it. it was also lowered. are these good or bad times for a 636. with all my gear on i come in at 195 lbs. if it matters the air temp that night was almost 100 degrees, and this was my first time doing this...

thanks

bob

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
I'm no expert or anything but I'd say those are some pretty good times. I'm not sure if the 636's are faster than that or not.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Those are very good times for your first time at the strip for your bike. I see some guys on 1000s that have trouble running your ET their first time out. Keep practicing to get that 60ft time down and you'll be solid in the tens

Some good info at this link from everything to launching tips to bike mods. Mostly 600/636 guys.

http://www.kawiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52&order=desc

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Those are very good times for your first time at the strip for your bike. I see some guys on 1000s that have trouble running your ET their first time out. Keep practicing to get that 60ft time down and you'll be solid in the tens

Some good info at this link from everything to launching tips to bike mods. Mostly 600/636 guys.

http://www.kawiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52&order=desc
:+1: on the 1000 guys not going that fast. Keep at it and you will get faster. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info. any idea what kind of gearing i could change to that might help out. as it sits now it is still running the stock gears..

bob

·
Registered
286 Posts
thanks for the info. any idea what kind of gearing i could change to that might help out. as it sits now it is still running the stock gears..

bob
You're welcome!
I am pretty sure that most of the 03-04 636 guys are running -1 front +4 rear at my local track. These guys have run anywhere from 9.6 to 9.8 with no power adders, just slammed, strapped and stretched and either air or auto shifters.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
would like to see the whole times and slip... so like what was the 1/8th and mph.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
r/t .317
60 1.996
330 5.052
1/8 7.492
1000 9.598
1/4 11.398
mph 124.11

i dont have the speed at eight mile because there printer at the track screwed up and just printed a black blob.
if i went with those gears -1 +4 w/o stretching it but lowering and strapping it would it be a handful to launch... would i be better off with a -1 +2 until i can stretch it?

bob

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
on a .2 off 60 ft i think a 7.0 or 6.9 in the 1/8th would put you right where ya want to be. i think that bike could run a 10.9 on that track with some seat time. hmmm how olds the clutch?

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
def strap and lower..

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the clutch... hehehe... how about almost 25000 miles.. it still feels good though..

i know i could make up a little time on my r/t. im assuming the gearing would lower the et and maybe higher speed because i could get another gear before the traps.??

bob

·
Registered
448 Posts
I actually had the exact same bike as you back in the day. 03 636, piped, pc3, lowered / straped, -1 front. Would consitantly go 10.60's to 10.70's. My best was a 10.55, I think it was at 130mph. I belive it was 6.80 ish, maybe high 6.70's at half track. 600's are really really affected by air density and temp. Always ran a tenth to tenth and a half slower in the summer.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so should i just try a -1 in the front to start out with or replace both sprockets and go with the -1 +2?? nice looking bike.. i almost picked up a red one in 03 but they were out of that color so i went with the blue.. gonna run my 10 this coming weekend and see what i can do on that..

bob

·
Registered
318 Posts
Always ran a tenth to tenth and a half slower in the summer.

That is typical and not specific to smaller bikes in anyway.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts