Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is this guy that rides with us...He is jsut starting out and atleast he was smart enough to buy a 600...He was ridden with me four times now and i know that he was ridden about 4 more times by his self around his neighborhood and stuff...well lets say he has a crashing problem...he was wrecked the bike four times, twice within the first 24 hours and both this past sunday and the sunday before...He totaled the bike on wreck number 2 and fixed it...After looking at yesterdays damage, its totaled agaiin...He thinks that its something that you can just pick up and learn..I have told him the way we ride in the mountains has taken us several years to learn how to do it...We even had a guy in the back so this guy could follow him not even over the speed limit and he still crashed...He said he is ggoign to fix it up and get back on it...we have told him that he needs to practice more before riding with us...how do you just tell the guy that he can't ride and to give up before he dies or hurts someone else? the last two crashes he has slid across the road and into the side of the mountian or even off the damn hill

·
welds like he has palsy
1,761 Posts
Wow! This guy needs a Spree. I'd tell him to take the bike on some easier roads and hit the mountains in a couple of months....or years.

Now with that being said, I have a question. Did you type that post drunk?

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow! This guy needs a Spree. I'd tell him to take the bike on some easier roads and hit the mountains in a couple of months....or years.

Now with that being said, I have a question. Did you type that post drunk?
lol, no actually when i first woke up :badteeth: I think i was still asleep

·
Registered
90 Posts
highly recommend a riding course
if he is a friend he will appreciate
your advice. explain that you don't
wanna see him or someone else
get hurt

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
Twice in 24 hrs?........sounds like a sign from above, to me!!.hope he improves before he takes one of you down with him!!.....but, you are right!,,,,,,,,,at least he is learning on a smaller bike!!.........

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Just flat out tell him. Its not only putting his life in danger but others including the people you guys ride with as well. Some people just dont get a clue sometimes. In other words....hes a few sandwiches away from a picnic.

·
Registered
135 Posts
MSF course is a must. also you need to tell him to ride his own ride. he probably just wants to showoff and keep up.
show him this web site. bikerpunks.com
it just shows people crashing. some of them make me sick
maybe that will help

·
Accountant in training.
2,847 Posts
MSF.

And maybe you should follow him sometime so you can see what kind of mistakes are being made. :dontknow: Hopefully he doesn't crash while you are in tow... :wink:

Chris

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
HMMMM Im afraid to go out with you!!! I might end up in the hospital like i did last year for riding with squids like you.:lol:
Now now, just because Luckz rides a Gixxer :lol:

Seriously tho, if the guys a friend beat his ass till he goes to the MSF course or drag him there, if he's just some guy tell him to take the course and leave him at home till he does, sooner or later he's gonna either take himself out, take someone else out with him or worse case kill someone and live through it.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts