Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to lower my bike but I dont know how to. I know how to lower the rear by using the links, but I have no clue how to lower the front. Can anyone tell me how to do it? or throw me a link with the info on it.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
triple clamp... have a buddy help you do it but just loosen the bolts on your triple clamp and your front will start to drop, so dont loosen you bolts super fast or anything, or you can just strap her down with straps, either way works. I have only dropped my front once for the strip cause I like the swb class better. If I had pictures to show you how I would. Watch your kickstand though you might need to bend or cut or buy a new one dropping it, seen someone drop there bike right after lowering it because of it.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
triple clamp... have a buddy help you do it but just loosen the bolts on your triple clamp and your front will start to drop, so dont loosen you bolts super fast or anything, or you can just strap her down with straps, either way works. I have only dropped my front once for the strip cause I like the swb class better. If I had pictures to show you how I would. Watch your kickstand though you might need to bend or cut or buy a new one dropping it, seen someone drop there bike right after lowering it because of it.
you mean I gotta losen lower and upper clamps or just one of them?

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I like to use a ratchet strap and loop it around
a rafter in my garage. I use a soft tie around the
top of the triple tree just so it doesn't get scratched.
Loosen the bolts in the tree and the forks will
slide right through.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Loosen the lower and upper bolts. The forks have
to slide through.
no i didnt mean lower or upper bolths, I meant, do I need to looser bolts on both upper and lower trees?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I wouldnt go more than 1" or you may run the risk of your fender getting into your light or radiator.

·
5,932 Posts
yeah sorry I didnt reply fast enough but yeah I do the same find a rafter and throw a strap and loosen both sets of bolts and let it drop, I've seen 2 inches without a hugh problem but you might need to remove your lowers

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sorry that i forgot to mention before, Im not lowering the 10r , Im lowering Hayabusa, will 2" front and rear drop be a problem on a busa? anyone?

·
5,932 Posts
no, negative as I used to say. 2" is just the max for the street in my book, cause of speed bumps ect. I have seen one dropped and strapped at the strip and it had to be 2 1/2 or 3 and the lowers were removed and he had about an 1/8" from the mid-pipe to the ground and he tank slapped it one time and threw sparks from the pipes hitting the ground, best thing to do is just guestamate and thats why I said have a friend handy cause you can judge better with 4 eyes then 2 while dropping it

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no, negative as I used to say. 2" is just the max for the street in my book, cause of speed bumps ect. I have seen one dropped and strapped at the strip and it had to be 2 1/2 or 3 and the lowers were removed and he had about an 1/8" from the mid-pipe to the ground and he tank slapped it one time and threw sparks from the pipes hitting the ground, best thing to do is just guestamate and thats why I said have a friend handy cause you can judge better with 4 eyes then 2 while dropping it
allright got you

·
Registered
126 Posts
When I lowered my old R6 I found level ground after lowering the rear end & used a 6-8" level on the bottom of belly fairings to keep the suspension geometry where it should be...as well as the front:rear weight ratio

In order to drop the front end I too used a ratchet strap & a rafter. Just give the ratchet strap enough tension to support the bike--not lift it--loosen the upper & lower triple trees & slowly release enough of the ratchet strap until you have the bike sitting where you want it then tighten the triple tree bolts back up.

As abprep07 mentioned...MAKE SURE YOU ADJUST/CUT/REPLACE THE SIDE STAND ACCORDINGLY

·
5,932 Posts
see I didnt know that about a stock busa's, I'm adding that to my dicitionary LOL, cant cost much though for the top triple tree though.

·
5,932 Posts
Cool, but I wont be reading about a busa anytime soon LOL. I wont ever own one so, its kinda of a waste of time, even though I like to learn everything I can about ever bike I see and get my hands on. But I wont own another suzuki in less its a dirt bike or something

1 - 18 of 18 Posts