·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
back the truck into a ditch.. roll it on and strap it down

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
google "bike ramp" or "extender ramp"

prices vary depending on quality and weight capacity, anywhere from $ 100-$ 600+

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
i have a 1000lbs capacity bike ramp which is also a bed extender for my 97 taco. got it for $200 on ebay on a nice deal, now they are selling for $300

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
go to home depot buy 2 planks of wood on top of each other...thick like a 12 by 4 by 4 ride up :dontknow:

·
Registered
462 Posts
i have a ramp, and i still need a steep incline to put it on. But Putting it on the truck is easyer than taking off. And help is way easyer than by your self

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I have a straight ramp that's about about 5-6feet long. Made of aluminum with traction bumps on it. I have a lowered 3 inches s10. I sit the ramp in the back. Walk the bike beside me and walk it right up the ramp no problem. It's even easier with my stunt bike, especially unloading... just reverse the process.

·
Registered
778 Posts
i have a 8' slightly curved aluminum ramp, its about 8" wide and is kinda narrow for when it comes to backing it down and beings my diesel sits pretty high it takes two to load it up! I'd buy one of those ramps that as wide as your tailgate and just ride it in!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
In My last truck I used a aluminum folding ramp and I have a dirtbike stand. Would put the stand next to the truck, tie the ramp to te hitch (so it would not move) and then start the bike and clutch it up the ramp, using the bike stand as a step up into the box.

100% success rate for 500 or so bike loads.

·
Banned
307 Posts
My f-150 -4 - wheller is extra hard ..the bellys or the pipes hit on a steep angle .....now the old beatter toyota bike hauler is so easy , it sits low and can do it all by my self curb side

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I always loaded my birtbike into the old yote with nothing more than a 2x6, but I'm tall, and it was only a dirt bike. I would probably just get a 2x8 and a 2x6, both with little diamond plate angles on one end. Put the bike on the 2.8 and walk up the 2x6 (obviously with a little running start to get it up there).

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yes, you can do it yourself. I have an 8' aluminum 750lb. cap ramp (ebay). Ride er' up on there, and strap er' in ( Canyon dancer straps help a lot ). When rollin' er' off, make sure the safety cable is attached to your tailgate!! Cuz if you get frisky w/ your front brake you'll bring the ramp down. IMO getting strapped in is easier if you have a swingarm stand. Good luck.

·
Registered
448 Posts
i got an arched ramp and a and a scafaling plank i use i put ramp and plank side by side and fire the bike up and idle it up arched ramp while i walk up plank.works great when im by myself.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
i have a 8' slightly curved aluminum ramp, its about 8" wide and is kinda narrow for when it comes to backing it down and beings my diesel sits pretty high it takes two to load it up! I'd buy one of those ramps that as wide as your tailgate and just ride it in!
wal mart sells ramps for bout 80 bucks!!!! there great! they come in a pair you can connect them or have them seperate for an atv/quad or something make it really nice...plus there kinda curved so you dont scrap the bottom part of your bike at the top unlike the straight ramps

·
Registered
609 Posts
I've got an oxlite ramp I picked up about 10 years ago. Still good as the day I bought it. I can ride the bike up it, and walk it down. Never an issue. It's arched, so no need to worry about where you park. I'm loading into a 4x4 so it's not low.

http://www.oxlite.com/dresser.htm

I've also have an enclosed trailer with a ramp door, but often still load in the pickup.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Pick it up and put it in it!!! Duhhh!!!!!!!:badteeth:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts