Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone done a how to change the air filter thread. Only got the owners handbook and doesnt show you anything.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
take off the back seat remove bolt holding front seat on remove side panels then use a 10mm socket to loosen tank bolt by the battery, remove 2 bolts up top by triple tree pull tank up carefully not to pull out the rubber hose to hold the tank up tighten the bolt by the battery once you have the tank up where you want it. uscrew the 8 screws holding plastic cover to expose the air filter

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
The other thing is that it will make life much easier and less risky if you take the fuel tank off completely rather than trying to work underneath it. Suggestion ... arrange for doing this procedure with the fuel tank almost empty, it's a lot easier to handle!!

On the '04 - '05, to take the fuel tank off completely, after undoing the bolts, unplug the connector on the left side that was underneath the left trim panel (leads to fuel pump - you'll find it easy that way). Then you will need to unplug the fuel line. Set the fuel tank down before doing this, switch on the ignition key and crank the engine for a couple seconds. It won't start with the fuel pump unplugged, but this will de-pressurize the fuel rail so that you don't spray fuel everywhere. Now, using your fingers, press together the pink projections on the end of the fuel hose and simultaneously push those projections into the connector. This will push the little pink locking device out of the fuel connector on the other side (doesn't need to come completely out). Then you can pull the fuel hose off, and then take the fuel tank completely off the bike.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
what a pain in the ass. on my r6 all i had to do is losen the two top tank bolts (by the triple tree) and pull the tank upright about 70 degrees. then remove 6 airbox screws and i was in there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for info, I`ll have a look this weekend!

Cheers

·
Registered
85 Posts
I can recommend the workshop manual, should be around here somewhere....just print the page you need, works great...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts