Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I get beat down with the search bat! I honestly did a search an couldn't find anything? But I wanted to know is there any way possible to take this piece off without removing the whole tail section?:dontknow: Thanx for any suggestions you guys can give! :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
which piece? The left mid pipe? The exhuast valve body/riser pipe? ...???

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That rusty clamp thing.....whatever it's called?:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Looks like you should be able to although I don't have a 2nd gen so i don't know 100%. Looks very similar to one of those squeeze clamps where you can grab it with some needle nose vice grips and slide it up towards the rear?!?!?!

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn so I have to take the pipes off?:dontknow:

remove the left bolt on. remove the mid pipe. Tap it off with a mallet.

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No I wanted to take it off to get powdercoated black b/c that rust is bothering me! Can I take it off permanently? Do I need it? What purpose does it serve?:dontknow:

Are you removing it completely/permanently? If so you could probably be very careful with a dremmel and cut it off.

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is mine the only one rusting like that? ::badteeth: Anybody else experiencing this?:dontknow:

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
68 Posts
No I wanted to take it off to get powdercoated black b/c that rust is bothering me! Can I take it off permanently? Do I need it? What purpose does it serve?:dontknow:
I never worked on that 2nd Gen Kawi but from what I can tell looking at picture I kindly suggest YOU DONT REMOVE the thing permanently!

It's clearly a clamp that keeps the two pipes together there where it develops a LOTS of pressure (and heat) when youre twisting throttle to damn hell.

No great danger, but without it you may:
A) melt some plastic stuff around it (do I see a mudflap in that pic?)
B) loose some little performance because of not correct pressure into muflers

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Where do you see a mudflap?:dontknow:

I never worked on that 2nd Gen Kawi but from what I can tell looking at picture I kindly suggest YOU DONT REMOVE the thing permanently!

It's clearly a clamp that keeps the two pipes together there where it develops a LOTS of pressure (and heat) when youre twisting throttle to damn hell.

No great danger, but without it you may:
A) melt some plastic stuff around it (do I see a mudflap in that pic?)
B) loose some little performance because of not correct pressure into muflers

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok I finally got it! Had to take the rear tail half way off to remove the left canister to get that little rusty beeeeeiotch off! :headshake

Attachments

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Ok I finally got it! Had to take the rear tail half way off to remove the left canister to get that little rusty beeeeeiotch off! :headshake
exactly what I suggested. Never meant anyone to think remove perm.

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 37 Posts