Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone done this before? spilt some auto trans fluid in the garage, flat mates pissed off haha. spilt some just outside the front door too which isnt pretty

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
a buddy of mine knocked over my 5 gal bucket of used oil in my garage and I used that opportunity to make him help me paint the floor

·
Registered
49 Posts
Floor dry or kitty litter for a day or so and then spray the spot with wd-40. It should fade over the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
a lot of rubbing alcohol is equivalent to gasoline, so use rubbing alcohol if gasoline is something you don't want to smell when cleaning your floor

·
Registered
513 Posts
Muratic acid will do the trick might turn green but it will definitely clean off the oil and turn the concrete clean white.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Be very careful with the pressure washer idea any good pressure washer will detroy concrete in a hurry if you use any tip other than a very gentle one. Even a medium tip on a cheapo home depot style(2500 psi) pressure washer will blow holes in concrete garage floors and sidewalks. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
697 Posts
Plain blue Dawn dish soap. Cover the area in soap and let it sit, spray it off or let the rain do it. As long as you dont wait too long, it'll work great. I've never had oil left behind doing it this way and it's better for your grass than gasoline.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Simple Green and a high pressure wash, rinse and repeat a few times and you're good, and haven't experianced a fire ;) (take care with that gasoline idea....)

·
Registered
376 Posts
There is this stuff I've used before (the name eludes me at the moment) that you pour on and let sit for for few mins. It soaks up the oil from the concrete and dries into a powder that you can sweep up. AHHH its called "pour n restore" It works reallllyyy well. A bit expensive though.

·
Registered
835 Posts
for soaking up the surface stuff, just get some cheap kittie-litter and stomp it in, let it sit and sweep up before the spray and washing.....
Good luck on the cleanup :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
If you've already cleaned it up and it left a mess, just put down some more oil and spread a shovel of dirt or fine sand over the top. This will draw the soaked in oil out of the concrete. Then use a regular garden hose. No High PSI needed. You may even notice that spot being cleaner than the rest of the area. Good luck!

·
Registered
763 Posts
I work at a concrete accessories store, and there are a few specialized chemicals that will work well for you. They are definately not cheap though. One is just a superconcentrated citrus cleaner, and the other is a soy bean cleaner. Try those if the other suggestions dont pan out for you. (You should be able to find it at you local concrete supplies store). As far as the muratic acid goes, you will want to water it down like 15:1, or it will take off the top layer of you pad i moments. Hope this helps!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts