Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a pair of 10.5 sidi vertigos, I have been 100% happy with them but are getting worn and can get these alpinestars for a great price... Anyone with experience please chime in. The ones im looking at are the waterproof ones, not sure how different they are from the non waterproof boots.... TIA

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
i have the SMX Plus vented. i really like mine. they flow decent, and are super comfy. did not take long to break them in either. im a big a-stars fan, pretty much all my gear is a-stars, except my lid, its an arai. dont know if this helps or not...

·
Registered
805 Posts
I have the smx boots as well, used to have sidi's before.....The alpinestars are super super comfy. Dont seem to get too hot or too cold when riding and the build quality seems great. The only thing that I had a bit of trouble getting used to compared to the sidi's were that They feel thicker in the toe area and you dont have anywhere near the feel of the sidi's. That being said, I got used to them pretty quick.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
What you guys dont wear flip flops? :dontknow:

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
i have the SMX Plus vented. i really like mine. they flow decent, and are super comfy. did not take long to break them in either. im a big a-stars fan, pretty much all my gear is a-stars, except my lid, its an arai. dont know if this helps or not...
yea me too, i love mine more than any other full boot ive owned.

·
Registered
10 Posts
we've had the smx 3's and 4's and now I just bought the plus.

we're a big fan of the alpinestar boots line until we took a look at the smx 5's that just came out. They don't seem to be up to the quality of the previous models. I'm not a fan of the 5's due to what seems to be less support and cheaper parts than on the previous models.

I've looked at them at length and tried them on in the store.

I would definitely go with the plus or something from the race line in sidi.

just my .02.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Daytona boots are the way to go if you can afford them ... those boots is what saved Melissa Paris foot from being crushed and her leg actually broke right above the boot...

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Mine seem great, took a few rides to break in but they're very comfy, I'm sure there's better boots out there but these definetly do their job, the seem tough and the price point sold me. A heck of a lot better than the doc martins I was runnin LOL

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Daytona boots are the way to go if you can afford them ... those boots is what saved Melissa Paris foot from being crushed and her leg actually broke right above the boot...
Did not hear about this, as I have not really followed AMA close this year. Got a link to a story? (not to threadjack)

·
Registered
609 Posts
I'd step up to at least the plus model. It will give you a lot more protection. Mine were getting a little worn, so I picked up a pair of supertechs this year for track. These are far superior to the plus. Still wearing the plus model on the street.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Did not hear about this, as I have not really followed AMA close this year. Got a link to a story? (not to threadjack)
no sorry no link for that story I cant remember where I read it at, but those boots is what saved her foot Im pretty sure the crash was at VIR ???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts