Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
welds like he has palsy
1,761 Posts
There are track days for bikes and for cars. Many tracks rent out the place for car track day organizations too. My brother-in-law does the same thing I do, except I take my 10R and he takes his BMW.

Just search the Internet for driving schools and try to find one in your area.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
I don't want to drag race, and the car is not ready for rally racing.. So where can I get a start? Get my foot in the door and start learning, or actually racing.
I would start by selling the focus and getting a car that will do over 85mph without blowing up or running at redline the whole time or check into a focus forum maybe?......NOT knocking you as i have a little hyundai hatchback and the last thing i ever thought when i look at it is "i'm gonna take that little bastard to the track"!! to each his own but i'm just saying...:heyyou:
OH yeh.........:welcome: to the forum:hello:

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
You might try a ford site or hit up O'Reillys for some neons, a wing, and a muffler?WTF does a focus have in common with a 10R?

·
Registered
118 Posts
the easiest and cheapest way to get into racing is autocrossing. Courses can be set up anywhere. Usually a large parking lot all you need is cones. Multiple classes and how fast your car can or can not go is not really a big deal. look up your local chapter of SCCA online. There are bound to be races close to you on just about a weekly basis. I'm a hardcore VW guy but a Focus can be set up to be quite a good handling car.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
what 04black10r said. Autocross is a good way to get into racing and see if it something that you want to really sink money into without having to go full bore from the start. It is just you against the clock racing through cones. No gravel pits and barriers. Worst case scenerio in autocross is you drive your car home with some black marks were you hit a cone or two which you probably will. Yes the orange cones make black marks.

Since most are held in empty parking lots the coarse are finnesse bias so low hp isn't that big a deal.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
I think he may have joined here thinking the zx10r site are for ford focus zx4 that are really suped up?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts