Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a idea and want to get it a patent on it. does anyone no how much it cost and how to do it. thanks.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Google the US patent office. That will tell you all you need to know.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Tell me your idea and I will tell you if its worth it/:mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
patent office takes a while, the idea has to be checked against other patents if its similiar or the thought is out there etc. there are ton's of patents in place for just the idea and most never see light, but the originator wants his/her idea to themself. but ya, check the website, should be a how to.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
the patent that I have cost over $9 grand by the time it was all said and done

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
luckz88 said:
the patent that I have cost over $9 grand by the time it was all said and done
Didn't the pantent office tell you they already make male sex dolls. :crackup:

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Try to have a serious conversation and you guys gotta mess it up. :headshake:

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
and for the record I use to work for a company designing fumehoods. If you are unsure what this is you can go to www.jamestown.com and you will see a picture of one.

There was another guy and I and we designing an automatic door on the fumehood. Very simple idea, for when the lab technician comes towards it the door would open for them while they are putting there chemicals in and when he backs up the door would shut...of coarse there was an overide switch as well...

Since this was for the company we just get a congratulations while they get the money for it. :sad:

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
my wife works in a patent office & I've been to her boss' house so I assume its not cheap, I can get you more info if you want?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts