Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this something that can be achieved through various bolt-on mods? I REALLY like the top-end power. I'm aiming to improve the bottom and mid-range without sacrificing any power up top. Ultimately, my target goal is at least 185HP at the tire.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.:eek:ccasion1

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Ecu reflash, slip-on and I think that's it. Maybe remove secondaries but with the reflash I think your good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ecu reflash, slip-on and I think that's it. Maybe remove secondaries but with the reflash I think your good.

That's it? Wow... I thought it would be a bit more involved than that. However, I'm relieved to hear it's not. Thanks for the suggestions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2nd question: I'm a 2nd gear stand-up wheelie fanatic. It was smooth and effortless on my '04 R1, sans any clutch work(a simple 1/4 turn of the throttle and she gracefully stood up). After the proper break-in period, will I need to change the gearing to do this? Or, is this hot little number capable of these dance moves via the same method?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Is this something that can be achieved through various bolt-on mods? I REALLY like the top-end power. I'm aiming to improve the bottom and mid-range without sacrificing any power up top. Ultimately, my target goal is at least 185HP at the tire.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.:eek:ccasion1
1) remove ecu.
2) send ecu to us
3) install returned ecu
4) smile when the bike scares you!

all funning aside, send us the unit, that will get you to 181-183 on a stock bike. If you want more, simply pick any of the good exhausts out there to go with the reflash. 185 is not too hard to do with just these mods.

BTW, as a teaser for you guys. I just got a dyno sheet from one of our partners for a 2011 race bike that with tuning did 212CV(205~208whp SAE) with a "built" stock engine and our tuning!:thumbsup:

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
1) remove ecu.
2) send ecu to us
3) install returned ecu
4) smile when the bike scares you!

all funning aside, send us the unit, that will get you to 181-183 on a stock bike. If you want more, simply pick any of the good exhausts out there to go with the reflash. 185 is not too hard to do with just these mods.

BTW, as a teaser for you guys. I just got a dyno sheet from one of our partners for a 2011 race bike that with tuning did 212CV(205~208whp SAE) with a "built" stock engine and our tuning!:thumbsup:
thats some good power! MR12 in her?

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
with the ECU flash I have been seeing about 180hp on a bone stock bike, stock pipe and all.... the big gains with the exhaust are in the midrange seeing 10hp+ the pipe will give you 4-5hp on the big end as well. so right there at 185hp with a pipe and a flash.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Garth, not sure, but remember, the works bikes we have been tuning are pretty unlimited on money they spend, so I would not be suprised to see them running rocket fuel!:thumbsup:
Ha yeah I bet, I know theres a few other fuels that are supposed to be better than MR12 which is 25-28 bucks a gallon, I have heard of fuels going near $40-$50 a gallon for that extra power! Crazyness

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the tips, folks. I certainly do appreciate it.

@Garth285 - I'll have you know, it was your Youtube vids that were a BIG contributing factor in my final decision on what bike to buy. I stumbled onto them a few weeks ago, when looking into the '11 ZX10R.

·
Registered
163 Posts
My ECU is out at DPTune. Can't wait to try it and get it on the dyno. My bike dyno'd at 155 stock and 159 with a Yosh 3/4 system. It did pick up 10+ HP in the mid range with just the 3/4 Yoshinura pipe bolt on. Another 2011 ZX10R dyno'd almost the exact same so we figure this dyno is a little conservative as most guys post 162-166 baseline. I'm hoping 180+ with the ECU reflash and race gas :hello::thumbsup:

·
Registered
18 Posts
That was quick thank Garth 285. All that done, 3/4 exhaust, bazzaz Z-Fi / ZAFM, secondaries removed, block off AIS but the power only respond after 4k rpm this is all due to the stock o2 sensor that came with the euro model. I got a flat spot from 1.5k to 4k rpm, it is really bothering me tried to eliminate the stock o2 sensor but do not know how. done the 330 ohm resistor but doesnt work. Any technical advice on this matter will be great.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Hmmm sorta dont know the answer to that one, I havent messed with any EURO models or bikes with 02 sensors on them :-/

Sorry bud!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts