Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the superbike races were boring, "unless your a suzuki fan of course" i mean all three rockstar makita's on the podium both races was about boring as hell. Dont get me wrong i am happy that Tommy Hayden was able to get himself together but the racing is predictable now. At least Hacking is still 3rd in the points, so that really means he is in first place behind the obvious winners

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
I was at vir all weekend. I thought the races were good. But I saw more than you saw on TV. Go Chris Paris in super stock

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Fucking Suzuki Riders....Paris is a city in France (a country across the ocean)....Chris Peris is #8 and races in the AMA series. A when I was out at Miller, he definately had the best knack, knack wheelie.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Fucking Suzuki Riders....Paris is a city in France (a country across the ocean)....Chris Peris is #8 and races in the AMA series...
:crackup:

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
My VIR "SPEED" report:

* Superbike race #1: watched first 15 mns .... :sleepy2:

* Suberbike #2: watched first 10 mns....:badteeth:

The PASS MADLIN made on Hayden and Spies in T1 was awesome ..:eek:ccasion1

FX race is rumored to be pretty good, prolly showing tuesday on speed.

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
FX was not that good

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
Though the victors get the spoils I am getting tired of seeing the same old tired racing week after week. You would think the AMA would tire of it too, but seems to like rolling out that muck they call racing.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
They were mentioning how much more advanced Suzukis traction control system was than the other teams.
Did you see how poor Hondas system is? (Hodgsen high side).

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Yhea Ive become a bit of a Mladin fan as of late. Once I saw him as the underdog, I started rooting for him and got past his course personality. The man is gritty. And fast.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I use to hate Maladin, but that all changed after I met him at Miller. The 19 year old know-it-all from GP is all but gone. He was the ONLY AMA pro chating it up and signing autographs at MMP. I have a lot of respect for his work ethic and determination. No doubt he is far better than Spies. Makes you wonder why no WSBK for Matt?

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have to agree with the last few statments. Suzuki just has the better riders right now and that is why they are kicking everyones butt. Spies and Maladin are the best AMA riders, hate it or love it, and they have been for a few seasons.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
They were mentioning how much more advanced Suzukis traction control system was than the other teams.
Did you see how poor Hondas system is? (Hodgsen high side).
I was at outback later on saturday night and some friends and i ran into hodgeson...we asked him how he was doing and he said sore..so i said to him "i have a question for you, if you have traction control how do you high side?" he said"thats exactly what i want to know, thats what i asked my mechanic". so it was kinda funny...and we kept talking and he said "man i ride the hell outa my bike and maladin and spies are that much faster...i have to give it to them though they are riding the shit outa those bikes...they are barely ever in control and suzuki is just that much better than the rest of the bikes...oh well he said, it wont be like that next year" he was a really cool guy

now when i was at the track if you ahve been to vir you will know what i am talking about...at the top of the rollar coaster maladin, spies, hayden, may, and zemke were the only ones that would pin it at the top of the hill and hold it wide open all the way down the hill...all five of them where in a two wheel drift all the way down the hill and you couldn't hear any traction control or engine power loss...all the other rides you could hear traction control the whole way thru there

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
I thought Mladin was frickin awesome and still way faster through the esses than anybody else.
i dont know how it looked on tv but i was standing in turn four for superbike race 1 when maladin passed spies on the inside..there was about a 1.5 foot gap and he backed it in under spies and checked out...he has so much talent and rides the piss out of that bike every lap

·
Registered
781 Posts
I was at vir all weekend. I thought the races were good. But I saw more than you saw on TV. Go Chris Paris in super stock
me too, i got to have an all access pass from work. i work up in falls church coleman. chatted with duhamel for like 15 min! those redbull races were the best part for me.

ps: mladin and spies get the best shocks etc. that showa has to offer, they do not sell those equivalent parts to the rest of the teams... ever wonder why they have those immense gaps and rocket out of the corners that much harder? that is why those restricions will be coming into play. kind of how if u were there you would see yates and the other guy dominating super sport class... they ride machines way more capable than the rest.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts