Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Would you like an alternative screen to buy other than hotbodies?

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we all know the Hotbodies windscreen sucks, i feel like i'm going to break it just looking at it. A friend of mine is sponsored by the folks at motobrackets/motobatt etc.. and he put me in contact with them. I asked them flat out if they would be interested in giving us of those that have hotbodies bodywork an alternative and they didn't say no :dontknow: . I know they've ordered a screen to see if its something they would take on. They know that the hotbodies screen is the ONLY one you can use with their bodywork as well & that the POS cost's about $90. So they were curious to know what the response would be on them, would you buy them etc... Please vote accordingly :thumbsup:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With all the not-so-positive results with the hotbodies its a wonder people keep giving them their money.
low cost will get ppl everytime, i will continue to buy it because i prefer the design of the upper fairing over the others.

·
Registered
771 Posts
It's called puig there fit is fantastic

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I said yes, I have the venom. It looks cool, but it's shit. One day it's probably going to break in half and hit me in the throat.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I didn't have a good experience with the Hotbodies peeps and you could not pay me to own one of their pieces or give me a free one.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Really that sucks I wasn't aware

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
they ordered a screen to see what it would take from the molding dept, very cool ppl, i'm hoping for a green light on this.

·
Registered
215 Posts
For the 3rd time......IT WILL NOT FIT HOTBODIES BODYWORK.

We're not using these windscreens because we want to, there's no alternative.

Ah I see why don't you guys do some experimenting with a dremel, drill, and some plastic epoxy to make some custom mounts for a different screen. Doesn't seem like it be to difficult.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For the 3rd time......IT WILL NOT FIT HOTBODIES BODYWORK.

We're not using these windscreens because we want to, there's no alternative.
I'm hopeful that it won't be that way for long, if i didn't like the style that the hotbodies had i'd not buy it, the wsbk spec stuff is different, The CRC are just like it but not at $800 for just the front part (which i will likely crash)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
just spoke with my source, they are just waiting on a quote from the factory on cost... could be getting close :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts