Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in the Hotbodies undertail, but $190 seems kind of steep. Is there anyone out there that can get one at a more reasonable price or put together a group buy?

·
Registered
525 Posts
ZX-10Rrider said:
I am interested in the Hotbodies undertail, but $190 seems kind of steep. Is there anyone out there that can get one at a more reasonable price or put together a group buy?
They had that same design for the 03/04 Gix 1000. I bought one for my Gix and fit, quality and color was below average. The color did not match, the tail did not fit right and left a nice gap and the holes didn't line up then leaving the plastic tabs angled and not seated properly.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
steves87 said:
They had that same design for the 03/04 Gix 1000. I bought one for my Gix and fit, quality and color was below average. The color did not match, the tail did not fit right and left a nice gap and the holes didn't line up then leaving the plastic tabs angled and not seated properly.
Thanks for the input. I'm gonna check into it some more before I make a decision.

Do you have any suggestions on another design?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Undertail displays at Laguna

I saw the HotBodie undertail at Laguna this year and in my opinion they could have done a better job during it's construction. The basic overall design is nice however it just mounts on top of our 10s stock draft sheild, which was how the rep stated it to me. By the way it looked mounted to the display bike, that rep is correct, it is placed over the stock draft sheild. Also on that display bike the installation was completed with the addition of rivets near the tail light to keep the undertail from seperating from the stock draft sheild.

In my opinion, again I said that, forgo the purchase of that product and get a Sharkskins, or similar product, race tail section and paint it then install that beauty. Though you will not have a trunk and will need to install an led tail light and turn indicators and mount the plate, you will like the look of it better.

Theres a thought for you to pounder.

·
Registered
525 Posts
steves87 said:
ZX-10Rrider said:
For my 03 Gix I went with a Eurobikes undertail which I loved. It ran me almost $500 w/libertek turns, but it was a perfect fit and IMO looked great. So far for the 10R I have not found anything I like yet. I installed a Competition Werkes for now but will possibly get something later depending on what comes out. I know JMV thru Eurobkes is coming out with an undertail soon as well as Extrme Moto Designs. I will wait to see what comes out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts