Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Cross-Eyed Cat
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

New to this site...if you didn't catch my introduction..."HI!"

So, some of you who have the HB undertail kit may or may not know the brakelight is no longer screwed/bolted in...with the kit, it is now vecro'd in place. Problem is, mine keeps vibrating loose.

I was wondering if anyone else had this same problem and came up with a solid solution before I break out the 100-mile-per-hour-tape!

Thanks in advance!

Liam

·
Registered
174 Posts
I didnt like the velcro so i took it off and took a hot glue gun and glued it. Works like a charm

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
welded in? Where did you weld your tail light in to, what kind of brackets did you make cause the last time I checked it was plastic. truthfully I had the same undertail on my bike, took it off and went with a race tail just because I race my bike a lot, but when I did have it the best thing was tape, and trust me when I say I ride I ride, and never had a problem even with riding out some wheelies ect. Best thing to do is go to home depot and get there heavy duty double sided tape made for boat/ morena use. Its water proof and will do the trick, after that you will be lucky to see it move haha

·
Cross-Eyed Cat
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd like to see this done because I can arc,tig already...explain the process?
it's just glue...for plastic. the old fashion jb weld is used on metal parts I've even used it to plug a hole in the oil pan of an old car I had when I was 16...works really well!

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
yeah, I may look into it because I have a couple led's that are held by water proof double sided tape, it works great and I have used it on all my bikes if I put leds on but this sounds like a complete leave it alone for good status. My nexted question is how is it with heat? Any kinds of heat problems cause it is a glue then technically or a compound simliar to glue?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts