Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to this forum and I would like to share a little review for hotbodies products with you.

I have an 08 zx10r by the way.

July 20th I ordered a MGP Growler exhaust and a smoked undertail from hotbodies. I live in Canada so I tought it would take like a week or so to get my stuff. After a week of waiting I've decided to give them a call to find out that none of my parts are out for delivery. I'm like WTF !!!! They say they couldn't find the smoked undertail in the warehouse ... Ok so they have been looking for it for more than a week now, maybe you don't have it anymore :heyyou: . 2 days after I call again and they said that they found it and that it would go out for shipping at the end of the day 100% sure. Just to make sure, I call them again the day after, they told me that it wasn't out yet. After talking with them they decided to ship it fedex Air (They paid) so that I can get it by the end of the week. Finally one good thing !!!

That was for the ordering part ! Here's the product review :

Mgp Growler :

The product is real good quality, the fit is perfect and the installation was a joke except for the pipe diameter, I had to sand the elbow and lube it alot so that I can fit it through the slip-on. I also took a softblow and a piece of wood to hit. The sound is good, not that loud dough ! I'll probably get rid of the boombox. Also my bike is now going in a straight line when I take my hands of the handle bars, I don't need to put all my weight on the left side of the bike anymore.

For the price, I really love it !

Hotbodies Smoked Undertail :

BIGGEST PIECE OF GARBAGE EVER !!!!

It fits like shit, you need to modify basically every f***king parts that attach to it. Also when I went to install the little black cap at the end, the shitty plastic just cracked like an inch long. Also it's not that dark so you can see all the wires and everything. If you do as they say for the tail light install, you see all the tape and it looks like shit. I ended up taking both flashers off the hotbodies and put them on the OEM undertail, much cleaner and doesn't look crappy. I made my self a joy by putting the undertail in the garbage.

I'll take picture of the OEM undertail with the flashers on and also some pics of the exhaust !

Thanks and hope it'll help some people !

Jonathan

·
Registered
531 Posts
I feel your pain brother!!! I odered that P.O.S last year. Although the producted shipped with no problems once I got I was like WTF is this!!!! Was not happy. It doesn't fit at all. I sent it back go my money back no problems and ordered a Clear alternatives intergrated tail light (smoked)... Very happy except that there was a dead spot in the light I was so tired of f'ing with the fender (bitch to get off when all said and done that I never returned and replaced the light just ride with the dead spot.

Attachments

·
Registered
531 Posts
what did you use for your LP bracket??? Looks clean!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hi, I'm new to this forum and I would like to share a little review for hotbodies products with you.

Hotbodies Smoked Undertail :

BIGGEST PIECE OF GARBAGE EVER !!!!

Jonathan

:+1::+2:+3 etc......... Worst $150 I have ever spent for my 10.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I used the 4 holes that are already in the undertail, made 2 L shaped brackets and one straight aluminum bar so that I can bolt my LP to it !
Do you mind posting some pics when you have a chance?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Thanks man!!

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
yeah looks super clean man, I had a hotbodies undertail got it and was like wow, didnt fit at all, I ended up having to shave the tabs down to almost nothing, it fit finally then but at high speeds or wheelies the side would pop out of place leaving a hole or something ect. Hotbodies products are freaking shity as hell, only thing I like from them are there windscreens, but puig is def. nicer thought!!! But sorry to hear about all your bullshit but thats what comes with hotbodies!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts