Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MGP Growler 2008 - 2009
What is the story on the MGP slip on? I see lots of people selling used MGP's. Is that because they are not a great pipe? The price is right and the look is hot.

Can anyone answer???

I have seen comments on fitment being difficult???

Is the finish all in Carbon fiber or does it actually say MGP on it like in the images the dealers use online???

Is this an excessively loud pipe or is it tolerable???

I am looking for a deep but tolerable tone and more so just a good looking pipe. I was looking at the Vance & Hines in black as option #2

Thanks!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Nothing wrong with it at all. It fits great, sounds real nice and is a bargain. Does not give any power increase but most don't. I only sold mine because I had a chance to buy the slip-on I wanted more at a good price. I also added the mid pipe which would of been very loud with the MGP.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
It's a nice pipe for the money, the MGP is a decal that comes with the can so you don't have to put it on if you don't want to. The pipe has a nice tone to it and is as loud as a Yoshimura or other growlers. I'd say go for it, it's the pipe I planned on picking up before finding a steal on my Micron GP Sidewinder which aren't made any longer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts