Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
That's a freaking piece of art work. After reading that link and looking at those builds I'm in awe. I'm even more excited to see how this turns out, sounds like the bike will handle even better once it's finished.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Looks awesome so far! I’ve lost interest in my cafe build all of a sudden! Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Started Fabricating the new inlet duct which should be way better in terms of flow and pressure recovery into the airbox.....

The stock arrangement is a bit of a compromise.....one thing I have noticed is the 2016 frame inlet duct has a couple of holes either side of the cast duct just before it enters the airbox...these according to Kawasaki are for noise attenuation for induction roar...these holes vent into the interior of the cast frame....the thing is the frame has a number of holes cast into it which are sealed with adhesive backed rubber patches.....these patches upon removing the frame from the motor were no longer sealing so probably would effect the inlet ducts ability to build and hold pressure into the airbox......I would suggest a fix would be to seal these holes in the inlet duct from the inside of the duct ...and so probably allowing a better ram air effect into the airbox.....

Attachments

1 - 20 of 47 Posts