Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Currently Clueless
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what is everyone running for Horsepower and with what mods? Hopefully this is not a repost. :dontknow:

·
Currently Clueless
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had mine dynoed at 156hp with 78 ft lbs of torque at the rear tire.Have a Akro Slip-on with a K&N Air filter and of coarse a Power Commander III.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
are us spec zx10 restrited as slim10r is making 156 with them mods is a bit crap id seen stock 10 make this in the uk also i read posts were members zx10 in stock trim making less than 150rwhp mines due a dyno run soon will have akra, power commander and filter (using the best tuner in the uk) he says 165+rwhp ,hes had zx10s with these mods make 170rwhp.i know dynos vary (climate :dontknow: )but when i was at the kawasaki dealers down the road from were i live they had a zx10 on the dyno it made 164rwhp only mod was a slip on no pc(and it was a black 1 fuck me it would off broke his dyno if it was green :lol: ) i will post results when i get round to taking the 10 in a few weeks

·
Registered
274 Posts
Where do you go for your kwack tuning in UK ? I live in the midlands, who you classing as the best tuner for the 10r ? I`d like to get summit like 170bhp at back wheel.....

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
nick i use frank writhell(dont know if i,ve spelt his surname right)hes based in garstag preston lancs hes worked on all sportsbikes and race bikes(inc 500gp bikes when they were racing them)hes quoted me for supply pc and filter inc fitting before and after dyno print outs custom map £323 each (price was quoted for 2 zx10s mine and a friends both bikes already have slip ons £640/650)btw if u read mcn trev zx10r(staff bikes)makes 172rwhp and yes frank did the work :beer:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Nice one m8.... Nice to hear from someone in UK..... Wanting to do a summer meet next year... Wheathers turned now till then. You up for it? Defo interested in the tuning. Bookmarked it.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
It's been mentioned before too that the Actual HP number doesn't matter so much as does the amount of increase does. A dyno at one shop might read 10HP off from what another might read. So it's possible we're comparing apples and oranges here. I'm also very interested in HP numbers members are getting. Is it possible to also post the amount gained?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
ya nick met up next year ill be taking it easy till july( on sundays at least)im 0n 11 points 6 come off in july :eek:ccasion1

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Kickaho said:
Ok, this might sound goofy, but what is "AFR"?
Air Fuel Ratio.................

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Depends a lot on the dyno... I had 160.1 SAE with Muzzy Stainless Slipon.. PC3 Tuned... and K&N airfilter with pump gas... It was at 156.-- SAE before the tuning began.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Another difference is whether its reading SAE or STD.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts