Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much power will I actually gain by putting a powercomander and velocity stacks on my 04 10R?

·
Registered
500 Posts
what else besides stacks do you have? stacks are usually the last thing because from what i have read its about 2-3 HP increase.... now on the PC, it depends on what map or mods you added.....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
K&N filter, RS3 slip on muffler chopped to 10 inches and geared 1 down in the front and 1 up in the rear with 520 chain. Nothing else. Dont get me wrong its a bottle rocket, I just want a little more power.

·
Registered
370 Posts
youll get enough power that you'll see it on your dyno print out, maybe a few tenths on the strip, but realistically you'll never notice it on the street. Save money and get riflemans 1/5th. thats a mod you'll love. of everything ive done to my bike, the 1/5th is the only thing i really noticed on the street

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what is the 1/5th mod and what does it do? I have never heard of it, is it expensive?

·
Registered
370 Posts
what is the 1/5th mod and what does it do? I have never heard of it, is it expensive?
its $25 shipped.

Your stock throttle is a 1/3rd, meaning it takes 33% twist of your wrist to get full power. with a 1/5th your at full throttle in 20% of your turn. What this means is quicker power delivery. its good fun, best mod you can do, hands down.

·
Accountant in training.
2,847 Posts
Your stock throttle is a 1/3rd, meaning it takes 33% twist of your wrist to get full power. with a 1/5th your at full throttle in 20% of your turn. What this means is quicker power delivery. its good fun, best mod you can do, hands down.

:badteeth: Kind of...

Stock, the throttle is a 1/4 turn, which means the throttle rotates 90 degrees.

1/5th turn throttle means that you only have to turn the throttle 72 degrees to get full power.

I think thru Kawasaki you can get a 1/6th turn throttle which means the grip only needs to turn 60 degrees to get full power... New housing, etc. which is kind of pricey...

Chris

·
Registered
370 Posts
:badteeth: Kind of...

Stock, the throttle is a 1/4 turn, which means the throttle rotates 90 degrees.

1/5th turn throttle means that you only have to turn the throttle 72 degrees to get full power.

I think thru Kawasaki you can get a 1/6th turn throttle which means the grip only needs to turn 60 degrees to get full power... New housing, etc. which is kind of pricey...

Chris
:screwy:

I thought that's what I said, did I explain it poorly?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts