Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all.. I have a 2009 zx-10r which I just received back after installing a PCV and tuning it on a dyno. I have a growler slip on and stock filter. I think it runs really smooth but when I look at the figures on the copies I received from the tuning-guy i get confused. Can I ask you how many horsepower is normal on the back-wheel (max) and what the torque figures normally are? (stock settings and after tuning) I have attached a photo of the dynojet research. The red figures are before tuning and blue after:) Did I say I'm confused. Look at them and tell me what is wrong

peace,
Johan

·
Registered
648 Posts
with a slip on + tuning you can expect about a 5 (give or take a couple depending on system) horsepower gain over stock and with a full system + tuning expect about a 10 (give or take a couple depending on system) hp gain over stock.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I see it now.

Looks like a decent tune. I'm not sure what the power and torque were measured in.
I'm curious myself

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
After a quick PS to HP conversion search, it looks like:

1 pferdestarke = 0.9863201 horsepower [international]
164 pferdestarke = 161.7564919 horsepower [international]

Your Hp is roughly 125.18.

I really don't know why your #'s are so low...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I see it now.

Looks like a decent tune. I'm not sure what the power and torque were measured in.
I'm curious myself
hehe.. anyone got a suggestion? It's late down here in Bangkok now and I better hit the bed. Hopefully I won't be confused when I wake up and maybe there will be some good answers to my questions here as well..:smile:

Peace,
Johan

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
Yeah numbers are strange, but you got gains thruought looks ok. Looks like the tune got rid of the 7.5k dip which is great. Thats my ONLY complaint about the bike that dip is so ugly and shitty feeling, but i still need a tune.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Given that he's located in Bangkok, it is probably the South East Asia (SEA) / Malaysia (MY) restricted version. They're rated at about 160hp at the crank (about 25hp less than our unrestricted versions)

·
Registered
598 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
on that akra. dyno sheet, is the dip from 6-7krpm fixed more so with tuning or just by exhaust??

kinda hard to trust dynos from companys trying to sell there product....

Id like to see stock dyno
stock with tune
exhaust no tune
exhaust w/tune... that would be interesting

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I can't get hold of the tuning-guy.. if the "PS" should really be "KW" then the dyno would show..about 165 rwhp (123.66 KW) before tuning and about 170 rwhp (126.92) after. Is this reasonable? But what about max torque units? I cant find a figure out the 9.22 before and 9.54 after.. Now i'm not only confused - I'm also frustrated.. hoho

peace,
Johan

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I have looked and read this thread and jumped on my little converter for all of your numbers, and something doesnt add up, your hp numbers are coming up so low a 600 should have them, I know numbers dont mean much but theres something way wrong with your sheet on top of your tune wasnt that good from the sheet!!! You didnt gain much at all

1 - 20 of 57 Posts