Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so my automatic timing adjuster went bad, then the timing chain hit the chain guide and had chuncks of rubber in the links causing 14 links to go bad and then things continued to get worse! number 2 cylinder spun a bearing and had a lot of fun and parts thrown into it and thought we did a once, twice over on EVERYTHING before we put the block back together!

So today we get the motor in, double and tripple checked everything! Put the new rod, bearing, MANUAL timing adjuster, head gasket, timing chain, and usual tune up stuff in. Thinking we had it all figured out and we started the bike and it ran AMAZING, did the heat cycles to make sure everything sealed great and it has. I went for a ride and with the new and higher performance parts i threw at it this thing is awesome now, better then its ever ran before! I was in love all over again with this bike this afternoon!!! UNTIL on my way home it mad the same horrible sound it did when the automatic timing adjuster went bad the first time. It starts hard and then runs fine, but i thought the timing adjuster wasnt set right and then after we let it heat up and run the noise comes back so we tighten it again and then it comes back... WTF does anyone know wtf to do or does this thing have to be crazy tight or what really to do? I have until friday after noon to get the bugs worked out to ride to moto gp in indy with a few friends and i have yet to get these kinks out and im going insane!!! PLEASE someone lmk if they had any secrets or wtf the deal is with this damn thing!!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts