Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
welds like he has palsy
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced my servo and my horn does not work. I'm sure they don't have anything to do with each other, but I was test riding it yesterday due to the servo replacement and that's when I discovered the problem. I did ride it in the rain a lot and then it sat a month. Does the horn have its own fuse? Anyone else have this problem?

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
Pull the two connectors off the horn, stick a voltmeter between them, and see if there is voltage between the connectors when you press the horn button with the key switched on.

·
welds like he has palsy
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll have to pick up a voltmeter. I also forgot to mention that the horn works every once in a while. While on the ride yesterday, I first noticed it didn't work. Then it worked and went out intermittently.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'll have to pick up a voltmeter. I also forgot to mention that the horn works every once in a while. While on the ride yesterday, I first noticed it didn't work. Then it worked and went out intermittently.
doesn't have to be a voltmeter. you can take one of the signal bulb and make a simple tester, connect one wire to positive and one in negative of the horn wires. :mrgreen:

·
Gone Ridin'
1,705 Posts
There is indeed a (10A--I think) fuse for the horn, but if it is intermittent then it is more likely a loose connector or a bum horn.

That was one of the first items I replaced since I commute on mine every day. The 130db air horn always gets their attention.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts