Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, after drinking the koolaid for longer than anyone possibly should, I gave up my 2006 CBR1000RR that I had tons of sentimental stock in and took the plunge into the green scene. Parted out this ol gal:

she had many different looks over the years....

when I bought her and started painting her:

when she was a garage queen and I finally got her to the track:

after she saw a few downs at Mid-Ohio and BHF:

the day I parted her out and she spend some time with her street boi :crying:

Major strugglebus this day:

Now, the time has come to pour money into this new gal... 2016 10R with 400 miles on it and the previous owner clearly couldn't handle a liter bike :crackup:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Since the bike didn't come with an exhaust and the tank clearly needed some love, my first task was to take care of those two. Luckily my buddy was de-modding his 2015 and he had a fuel tank with a quickfill and a hindle slipon that he was letting go so I picked those up from him and that solved that little issue...

Had some other minor things to take care of as well... The electronic damper broke when the previous owner crashed so I found a decent deal on a manual ohlins damper on ebay, had the seller ship it direct to Dan Kyle Racing and had Mike there do the upgrade on it.

Also got a new BMC race filter, motion pro throttle, tightails stay, woodcraft clipons, extended length bars and lever guards all installed.

·
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron
473 Posts
Nice! Hindle is a great pipe...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hoppa, my man! It’s good to see you here, I too made the jump from the CBR1K. I believe I got some parts from you for one of my ‘07s back in the day.

Welcome! This bike is an absolute beast once you get everything working right.

Dale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Subscribed
More to come!

Nice! Hindle is a great pipe...
yeah, it was a steal of a deal so I couldn't pass it up!

Hoppa, my man! It’s good to see you here, I too made the jump from the CBR1K. I believe I got some parts from you for one of my ‘07s back in the day.

Welcome! This bike is an absolute beast once you get everything working right.

Dale
Glad to be here. Yeah, I remember we bought and sold stuff to each other back in the day. I believe I bought that arrow exhaust from ya. Funny thing is I just bought another cbr to part out and it has a minty arrow exhaust on it and it made me think about the one I got off you back in 2013...lol

I'm excited to get onto a new iron horse, that's for sure...and the 10R just seemed like the best bang for the buck...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
had rotator cuff surgery recently, so this isn't my finest work...but it ain't a half bad attempt at the nicky mod with only one hand to work with....I'll get back to cleaning up the edges when I have two usable hands...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the bike came with this oem master. Someone mentioned it's not even kawi oem!?!? don't care one way or another ..swapped my RCS off the old bike onto the 10r. It's seen some shit but it'll do..

guess I should get some grips now...

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hell yea! welcome to the green side. Looking forward to seeing this be animal come together. What state you located in?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Was hoping I could pull the GP4-RS calipers off and put my GP4-RX calipers from my cbr onto the 10R but alas....100mm spacing. DOH! So for now, I got some C60 pads from Dan Kyle Racing and that should help stop this freight train till I can get some shiny new 100MM GP4-RX calipers...

or maybe I'll do some GP4-RR's :idea:

so for now, the GP4RX's will stay on the 600rr (which has stupid money wrapped up into the front end alone... I HAZ PROBLEMZ)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You lucky bastard...
yeah, only an hour away from me...super lucky to be so close to such an amazing track! one of my favs for sure...however, I really want to get back to Mid Ohio soon. I crashed there a few years back and while I had tons of spare hard parts, the Bazzaz unit mysteriously failed so even tho I was there for two track days after the AMA's, I wasn't able to get back on the track :crying:

STT added Road America to this years schedule... Really thinking about riding that ferry over..
hit me up if you decide to go... I'll most likely be there if I recover from this rotator cuff surgery in time.

The ferry is stupid expensive if you are bringing a trailer. I visit my buddy in Grand Rapids all the time (without my trailer) and it's just so much cheaper to drive around...but I guess if I had tons of money and the wife didn't get sea-sick easily, I'd pay to have someone else charter my over while I was enjoying the ride...lol.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
while I was at it doing the nicky mod, I also pulled off the chain and put a new one. Figured I'd toss a chain holder on the swingarm while I was at it. Normally I just flop the chain over the swingarm but my buddy gave me this one so I figured I'd put it to use...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
got some armour bodies fairings from woodcraft for the bike. kinda wish it would come with a one piece tank surround rather than having to use the oem three piece design and the tail and seat pan seem fairly cumbersome so I may change that up later.

Other kits I found were three pieces for the upper, mid and lower so I really like the two piece design of the woodcraft which is the main reason why I went that route:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hoppa, are you putting on a kit ECU or flash? Since you put on a manual damper wondering how you'll get around the light and code.

I'll be building one soon myself...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
while the fairings are getting painted, I figured I'd tackle the installing the Tighttails subframe and get the KIT ECU and KIT Harness.

little trimming to do on the battery tray to make the tail easy to get on and off

Gotta find a new hanger for the exhaust...the passenger peg looks wonky

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Code:
Hoppa, are you putting on a kit ECU or flash? Since you put on a manual damper wondering how you'll get around the light and code.

I'll be building one soon myself...
I'm going to go with a full woolich setup eventually. Just gotta talk to archer to get everything and then I'll get her on a dyno and see how she does...

1 - 20 of 59 Posts