1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
322 Posts
either hopkins cant ride or kawi cant build a motogp bike :dontknow: being a kawi owner it would be nice to see a team green win once in awhile

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
either hopkins cant ride or kawi cant build a motogp bike :dontknow: being a kawi owner it would be nice to see a team green win once in awhile
OH Hopper can ride, no doubt about that, look at his speed compared to Ant's. It is all the bike, I am waiting as well for the Screamer, but I would think in the mean time, give him a little less ECU interference and see if he can "talent" the bike a bit, seems with all the electronics today, Kawi surely is nudering the power a bit. He is an agressive rider that needs to be on the edge to be fast, and he can't do that if the ECU is hampering the bike.
Just my take, the Screamer charachteristics will definately suit his style better.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
OH Hopper can ride, no doubt about that, look at his speed compared to Ant's. It is all the bike, I am waiting as well for the Screamer, but I would think in the mean time, give him a little less ECU interference and see if he can "talent" the bike a bit, seems with all the electronics today, Kawi surely is nudering the power a bit. He is an agressive rider that needs to be on the edge to be fast, and he can't do that if the ECU is hampering the bike.
Just my take, the Screamer charachteristics will definately suit his style better.
:+1: To what you said on the aggressive style and the Screamer.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He has a 2yr contract I guarantee if he doesn't get some results fom the factory guys he is gonna want out & fast someone needs to get the fire started & Hopkins is the man to do it!! I guarantee they are gonna listen atleast if they know whats best for future Bike development & other riders wanting to do well with them.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
good for him, he most of all must be upset b/c he is riding his ass off every day on that peice and there has been no progress. hopefully kawi listens and starts making changes to stay competitive because right now they are the laughing stock of GP

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
good for him, he most of all must be upset b/c he is riding his ass off every day on that peice and there has been no progress. hopefully kawi listens and starts making changes to stay competitive because right now they are the laughing stock of GP
They looked so good at the end of last year too, like they were gonna break through, but its like they said ok we got the bike, and now we got hopper, and they then said f-it and sat on their hands.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
to be fair i would say the blame is shared between the factory team and riders...i thought it was a mistake that kaw didn't sign a proven veteran rider to assist with development...hoppy gives an interview where he is complaining that the bike won't spin up on him and has no power coming out of corners and west gives an interview where he complains that the bike spins-up too much coming out of corners causing him to go sideways????....bitching and moaning to the press about lack of race results and blaming the factory and team just demonstrates to me how immature hopkins is......maybe he should have done more testing in the off season instead of getting married and getting his grill fixed...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
367 Posts
It all comes down to the best rider. I can guarantee that if Rossi switched to Kawasaki, they would be winning...or at least podiums. He proved that when he went to the (at the time) P.O.S. Yamaha M1. I thought that his amazing feat that year would shut riders up for good about the bikes. I can understand if he is mad about not getting enough support, but why trash them pubicly? Handle you business in private and get some results.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
It all comes down to the best rider. I can guarantee that if Rossi switched to Kawasaki, they would be winning...or at least podiums. He proved that when he went to the (at the time) P.O.S. Yamaha M1. I thought that his amazing feat that year would shut riders up for good about the bikes. I can understand if he is mad about not getting enough support, but why trash them pubicly? Handle you business in private and get some results.
the smartest thing rossi did was also take burgess with him....i'm not completely bashing hopkins...i think he is a very capable rider but was moved up way to quickly and has not had consistent mentoring or a team manager....the rider has to be able to give more feedback then just "make my bike faster"...

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Has Hopkins ever WON a Moto GP race?

Answer, NO. I think he is worrying that he is about to carry the blame. I dont think he is or ever was that great.

JJ
:+1: if hopkins returned to the ama superbike now he might make top ten but not top five.....he should shut his mouth and count his blessing that suzuki and now kawasaki has been so patient with him...

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Let him have it. Whats the worst theat could happen, we win one and the force weakens around yoda and gets stronger with hopper

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
i read it like this, at suzuki, they've never had a competitive bike, hopkins has brought them along, kawi was there but always in the rear view mirror as well just a tick ahead of the zuk. what they both need is an experienced rider, one that was a winner but not in the running anymore b/c you have the rossi, hayden, stoner era now. the seasoned guy can help tune the bike while your young stud hopkins rides lights out.

but kawi isn't in this position so i'd say if hopkins wants the bike to spin up, spin down, no traction control, showa vs ohlins, ap racing brakes vs brembo, i don't give a shit, give him what he thinks he needs to win so there are no excuses.

oh ya, and a chain link that doesnt break. that has to be the most embarrising thing.

·
Registered
551 Posts
It's all about the rider, not the bike. A rider is the one who develops the bike.
Rossi used a couple of years to get the Yamaha right, and now it's on the front grid.
If Rossi went to Kawasaki, I'd almost bet he'd be able to get it to the front too.

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
good for him, maybe kawi will actually make a better effort if they ever want to compete. Hopkins may never win a motogp championship but he should be a consistent top 5 finisher me thinks

1 - 20 of 66 Posts