Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got to watch the Qatar race this afternoon and saw Hopkins on the side of the track kicking the snot out of his Suzuki. Has anybody noticed that he does this every time he has a mechanical? He usually just beats on the tank, but this time he kicked the bike two or three times. Rumor has it that Honda would not let Biaggi ride one of their bikes because of the way he complained. Imagine how long Hopkins would last there. Quite a different scene when compared to Rossi making out with his Yamaha after most races. I'll bet the Japanese corporate people love Hopkins' antics.

·
Registered
114 Posts
i'd do the same thing if it kept happening. Suzuki blew over ten engines I believe in that weekend. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:zx_blue: :rocketwho

·
Accountant in training.
2,847 Posts
Yeah, saw that.... Not a big deal yet... Well not until he starts bad mouthing the bike in public. I think he is just really frustrated. Signed the new contract. Wants to race, and to win. But the bike keeps breaking.... Last thing you want to be doing is worring about your ride when you are going 200 mph....

If it continues, I imagine he'd start to wonder "what if" as far as the Honda ride that he could have had...

Chris

·
Registered
698 Posts
Gilberts Ti ZX-10R said:
Yeah, saw that.... Not a big deal yet... Well not until he starts bad mouthing the bike in public. I think he is just really frustrated. Signed the new contract. Wants to race, and to win. But the bike keeps breaking.... Last thing you want to be doing is worring about your ride when you are going 200 mph....

If it continues, I imagine he'd start to wonder "what if" as far as the Honda ride that he could have had...

Chris

Exactly.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Yes i was surprised to see him going mental but he has got so much talent and the bike keeps letting him down.
They cut back to the racing so we didnt see all that he did to the bike.
Hopefully Suzuki will get it right for next year and he can give it a good shake with Vermulen(?) kicking ass too.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I was reminded of the article I read in Road Racer X about Hopper. Talking about the promises Suzuki made to him to keep him. That and his "Loyalties" to the company. I wonder if he was thinking about said promises as he kicked the tar outta his ride.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
king-tony said:
Finally got to watch the Qatar race this afternoon and saw Hopkins on the side of the track kicking the snot out of his Suzuki. Has anybody noticed that he does this every time he has a mechanical? He usually just beats on the tank, but this time he kicked the bike two or three times. Rumor has it that Honda would not let Biaggi ride one of their bikes because of the way he complained. Imagine how long Hopkins would last there. Quite a different scene when compared to Rossi making out with his Yamaha after most races. I'll bet the Japanese corporate people love Hopkins' antics.
Hondas don't blow up. Especially 10 times in one weekend. Hopper made a mistake staying with Suzuki. Crappiest bike in MotoGP. Makes the Kawasakis look fast.

·
Registered
115 Posts
it seems that suzuki has had problems for several years on the MotoGP level. didn't one of their bikes catch on fire during a qualifying run a couple years ago?

·
Registered
723 Posts
CanyonCarver said:
Hondas don't blow up. Especially 10 times in one weekend. Hopper made a mistake staying with Suzuki. Crappiest bike in MotoGP. Makes the Kawasakis look fast.
Speaking of Kawasakis! Where the hell they been at? I thought they were going to give us something this year!!!:protest:

·
Registered
376 Posts
Riddick said:
Speaking of Kawasakis! Where the hell they been at? I thought they were going to give us something this year!!!:protest:
New BIG BANG motor.??... They are still walking the fuggin dog on him (and Randy) in any straight...Although his (Nakano) lap times have improved from last season already, I think it is the Titanium swoosh on the bike now...

·
Accountant in training.
2,847 Posts
The Engel said:
it seems that suzuki has had problems for several years on the MotoGP level. didn't one of their bikes catch on fire during a qualifying run a couple years ago?
Not sure, but I think that was Colin Edwards on the Aprilia Cube..... I think he had to bail at 120mph... :eyecrazy: :eyecrazy:

Maybe it happened to someone else too.... :dontknow:

Chris

1 - 15 of 15 Posts