Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just browsing through ebay and ran across some plastics from Hong Kong. They are made by the Shinetrust Company. I have heard of all the fitment issues people have had with hong kong plastics, but this company guarentees fitment. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with buying from these guys? :dontknow:

·
Registered
260 Posts
From what I could tell there are a bunch of companies in hk that sell these fairings but only a few factories that actually make them. I bought a set. They are a good deal for the price but don't expect the tail light to fit and expect to dremel a few things. But all in all not bad for the price

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats good to know. If i go through with it i guess i'm just gonna have to try to contact the company and see what this fitment guarentee is all about. Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I just changed a rear tire for a guy with an 01 GSXR600. He had some Hong Kong plastic. It had a good size crack in the upper fairing. I asked him what happend. He said, "it just cracked, nothing happend". Could be fit?

Just throwing that out there. Sometimes you only get what you pay for.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
they are made from ABS plastic and claim its for flexibility, but really its because its thinner therefore cheaper.

as far as the quality goes, i have seen some really good kits and some really bad kits, but everyone ive ever talked to has said that its hit or miss. the graphics and paint schemes are cool and the price isnt too bad, but i do know that it takes a while to ship (sometimes more than a month). but they are not too bad for a replacement if your not overly concerned with perfection.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Thats good to know. If i go through with it i guess i'm just gonna have to try to contact the company and see what this fitment guarentee is all about. Thanks for the advice!
Definetly check on this. The set that I got did not fit all to well. Tail light didn't fit, lowers didn't match up and the lowers connecting to the mid dection did not work all too well either. But I look at it this way: I now have a cheap set of plastics for the track.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
my experience with the chinese plastics wasn't too good. it was quick to ship (about a week) but the quality was bad. After one summer of riding the cracks started to appear and the paint could not stand the heat from the engine so it peeled. the fitment wasn't too good either. When i gently laid the bike at a gas station it put a big ass hole in my tail plastic. its not worth it for somebody that is a perfectionist, but i guess they are good for track

·
Registered
191 Posts
my buddy put his on after wrecking his 08 gsxr. Trying to save some money by buying these. They took about a month or so to arrive and the communication with the people was horrible. and when they arrived, the tail section wouldnt go on straight and he couldnt get the holes aligned with the fairing stay bracket to hold his mirrors or windscreen in. Cheap crap is what it is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts