Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok bought bos bros moria exhaust a little loud, light, looks killer,but holly shit lost all low end power. I used to spank my friends cbr1000 but now he is walking off and leaving me. Tried every mod i could and 20 different maps to get powerback no such luck. Friend says its a kawasaki spray it off the line or get a 14. Dont want to buy the wrong pipe agan. What is the best exhaust system or slip on for 06 zx10r that you have found. If not the stock system is going back on it and that a heavy weight. any advice anyone coul give me would be greatly appreciated. Got to get my power back and shut idiot friend up.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Spray is not required to pull clear of any yr CBR1k in relatively stock form.

As for exhaust systems purchase something with some performance rep otherwise your pissing in the wind asking to get wet.

BD

·
Just trolling
2,618 Posts
:+1: theres been threads before of loss of power w/ the bos. What are you going for? full system or slips? akra is the obvious choice for both but leos and yoshi seems to be a popular choice too.

The hr1 riot seems to be really light and make good power coming from someone on the board. but if ur dragging knee or layin low in corners may not be for you cause in them conditions it does scrape

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
go akra!.......awesome sound and good proven performance!

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
You simply cannot remap power back in , the problem is the exhaust length, even if you got the A/F correct with the shorty pipe you will still be down on power compared to a correct length pipe.

This is also true for removing secondary butterflies, there is a huge decrease in air velocity when you remove them, you can correct the Air/Fuel ratio but the same applies, you will be down on mid range power.

Basically you can get a good "burn" but the mass of air has been reduced on intake and therefore you need less fuel to make a good ratio, less air plus less fuel equals less Power, the intake and exhaust lengths and velocities are all critical and go hand in hand(induction and extraction).

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
i would never buy a boz-bros.... for performance.

i WOULD buy it if i wanted to sound louder than a jet plane @ full steam taking off

·
Registered
798 Posts
short of the cans the stock system isn't very heavy i mean come on its already ti ... i got carbon yoshis on mine love em

shh don't tell anyone but i even kept my exhaust fly attached

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was just out in the shop taking the bos bros pipe off. Im putting the stock one back on for now until i figure out what i want. I was wondering if i should put it back stock, gut the cats, reconnect the exhaust cable valve, and where do i find the baffle kit for the stock cans. any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Spray is not required to pull clear of any yr CBR1k in relatively stock form.

As for exhaust systems purchase something with some performance rep otherwise your pissing in the wind asking to get wet.

BD
:+1: I agree with the old man. How foolish are you? You want to spray him? Dude, do you know anything about spray. Sounds like you don't know much about bikes regardless because you expected hp gains out of a pos exhaust.

·
Accountant in training.
2,847 Posts
:+1: I agree with the old man. How foolish are you? You want to spray him? Dude, do you know anything about spray. Sounds like you don't know much about bikes regardless because you expected hp gains out of a pos exhaust.
A little harsh, but :+1:

Problem is, a lot of people seem to think that more noise equals more power.

How many posts do we see where someone asks what is the loudest exhaust? Or about how to gut thier exhausts? Or how to shorten an exhaust? All of that will make more noise, and some of that will add power. And the power that is added seems to be added on top. A little back pressure is good for the bottom end and mid-range. Just my :2cents:

This has been posted before. But I wonder how frickin' loud this thing is?? Your's for about $200. :lol: http://www.speedycom.co.uk/shop/product.php?productid=17525&cat=554&page=1

Chris

·
Registered
757 Posts

I dont think he is wanting to spray, its just what his Honda friend recommended he do since he has a 'slow Kawi'.

First off, i wouldnt be able to take that much shit talking about Kawis from any 1000rr rider. You should do something about that.

Second, Are you sure he just isnt outriding you? BC if you were taking him before with stock cans, then he should know its just the pipe and he would be keeping the lip to a minimum.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just read a article on slip-on exhausts on a zx-6r in a dutch magazine.
Results where kinda suprising to me of the 12 slip on tested and to the dynojet after fitting them none of them gave the promised +5 to 8HP even with the right mappings.
The exhaust with the most HP on the dyno was the stock exhaust that's on it.
If you want to have big improvements the only way it to install a full exhaust line with the poper K&N and power commander.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wasn't planning on spraying it but was just catching hell from my homeboy. Im in the process of putting stock cans back on. Ran into a guy selling 2 brothers val set up has anyone ran one of them or heard anything about them. Would love to go out and buy akra but funds a little tight for that at the moment. apreciate the info

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Don't expect much as far as gains with the Two Brothers set up either. I tried the Two Brothers exhaust on my ZX12 when I first bought it (saving $). I was very disappointed to find out I gained less than 5hp mapped! Sold it and bought the Akrapovic and was up 15hp over stock!

:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
186 Posts
You can keep wasting money on cheesy exhaust systems or you can pony up and get something like an Akra/Hindle/Yosh/M4 etc thats proven to make good horsepower.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts