1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
wow, honda is hurtin eh?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Scary times for racing. Contingency for club racers will more than likely suffer as well. Sad to see the good times walk out the back door.

·
Registered
474 Posts
so which riders just lost their ride?....does this mean Duhamel will finally retire?
Neil Hodgson......Honda also pulled out of F1

·
Accountant in training.
2,847 Posts
Neil Hodgson......
:+1: Though it does sound like he might be riding for Erion or Corona. I am surprised that they'd drop out though. Hodgson had by a pretty good margin the fastest times at the Daytona tire test (no Suzuki or Kawasaki)... Maybe 2009 would have been their year. :crackup:

Chris

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I always say "[email protected]#K" Honda (and still do), but in this instance it is scary how bad the economy is getting for everyone. Who knows if racing in general is in danger of shutting down. I may not care for Honda, but I do want racing to exist. Our economy has to get back in order!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I always say "[email protected]#K" Honda (and still do), but in this instance it is scary how bad the economy is getting for everyone. Who knows if racing in general is in danger of shutting down. I may not care for Honda, but I do want racing to exist. Our economy has to get back in order!
Youre not joking man (no pun intended), I dont like for anybody to get forced out, I mean Mladin will be paid to sit out 2009, what a waste of talent. Not even the lights of daytona will draw me to the opener. And Im only 3 hours away.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
AMA is going to the dogs...
it went to the dogs the day they turned a blind eye to the obvious cheating that was going on....then it only got worse when they changed the t/c rule in mid season.....if Honda pulled out of F1 as well, maybe there is something to the effect the economy is playing.....they are also shutting down some auto plants as well......

as far as racing is concerned, I think we may be in store for some of the best racing the US has seen in years....but we won't know until the season starts.....

·
Registered
268 Posts
New Crap Rules and Economy are really killing the good sports. The satellite teams will still be in there though. I am sure they will be well supported by the Factorys.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts