Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the stealership, and low and behold.....Honda Polish is back in stock. I picked up 4 cans:thumbsup:

They quit selling it around September last year, here in Ohio. Glad to see it back on the shelves.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,725 Posts
Never got what the fuss over this stuff was all about, conventional wax works just as good. Get you some Mequiers spray detailer and get a good few coats of gold class paste carnuba wax and she will shine like you won't believe!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
9R to 10R said:
Never got what the fuss over this stuff was all about, conventional wax works just as good. Get you some Mequiers spray detailer and get a good few coats of gold class paste carnuba wax and she will shine like you won't believe!

I have the meguires 3 step system.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Get a can of Honda polish and you will see. I wax my bike once a year with wax then use the Honda polish either before or after every ride. I does great to remove the bugs and grime. I safe for plastics, metal, and helmets.

The stuff is just a great all around claner. It ever takes chain lube right off with no problems.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Honda polish works good for a quick clean on the bike and helmet. I heard from some friends that work at honda that they first changed the formula then they were going to stop making it all together. I use plexus now and it seems to work just fine.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Are we talking about the aerosal can of Honda plastic polish. Actually I believe it polishes just about any surface. Anyway I know this stuff is great because I've been using it on the plastics and mirrors of my bikes for several years now. If nothing else it is a excellent product for cleaning the plastics.As for the painted bodywork I use Meguires cleaner wax only. I'm sure the three step process is good too but thats a little too overboard for me. For the record I could probably clean the whole bike with the Honda polish but not anything I'm aware of made by Meguires is as versatile. Now heres the proof, its the little things like the black plastic rear tire hugger on my 10r or the black plastic sides of the front fender. Yeah you know what I'm referring too, try wax on those pieces and they won't be black for long because of the way they're made. They're not smooth surfaces so the wax tends to bind and stick no matter how clean the rag is you use to polish. Now I'm sure there is comparable products to the Honda polish, what are they? Fwiw Honda polish is pretty cheap too.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,725 Posts
sneaky said:
Get a can of Honda polish and you will see. I wax my bike once a year with wax then use the Honda polish either before or after every ride. I does great to remove the bugs and grime. I safe for plastics, metal, and helmets.

The stuff is just a great all around claner. It ever takes chain lube right off with no problems.
Oh, I have used it, it works but I don't think it works any better than any other spray detailer. Guess my bike does not get dirty enough to dee a difference, I detail it every time I ride it.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
So do I, and I have used plexus and it always left a residue on everything where Honda polish doesnt.

I used to use Meguires detailer solution and still do on my car, but honda polish seems to do a better job of leaving a waxed feel on the bike then anything else did.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
ninja2k5 said:
Just got back from the stealership, and low and behold.....Honda Polish is back in stock. I picked up 4 cans:thumbsup:

They quit selling it around September last year, here in Ohio. Glad to see it back on the shelves.
:rockwoot: :werd: :rockwoot:

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
...great for dirtbikes but you might as well be using pledge or whatever. I haven't used the stuff on my streetbikes since '96 or so.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts