Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
That stinks - Jake Holden and Neil Hodgson seemed like decent guys and pretty good riders. Hope they find a ride for next year!

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
That is a shame. I blame the economic state of the world.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I have posted this already on another thread:

"YESSSSSS! I love it. Cuz now as all the OEM's leave it will (hopefully) force these assholes (dmg) to go financially bankrupt, shut down, and sell it off. Or just give up and reliniquish their ownership rights to a more deserving, enthusiastic, American "motorcycle" racing organization.

Come on down Kawi, Yami, Suz. Let's finish these bastards off, once and for all."

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
That is a shame. I blame the economic state of the world.

:headshake

Nothing to do with the economy. EVERYTHING to do with how the nascrap asshats are trying to turn american motorcycle roadracing into nascrap on two wheels. And in the process pissing off the manufacturers, race teams, and most true fans.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
:headshake

Nothing to do with the economy. EVERYTHING to do with how the nascrap asshats are trying to turn american motorcycle roadracing into nascrap on two wheels. And in the process pissing off the manufacturers, race teams, and most true fans.
I haven't been keeping up with Nascrap but thought I heard teams drop out even there or at least the amount of #s per team due to the Economy :dontknow:

I am sure you are right about them not liking the DMG but I would assume due to the Economy it's was an easy out as well to use that as an excuse to save some money :dontknow: just a guess :popcorn:

bloo

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Magic, I wondered the same thing about Edmondson but apparently the money-grubbers at nascrap have influenced him too much.

--------------------------------------------------------------

blue, the economy probably did make the decision easier but honda is one of the biggest companies in the world and would find it much easier to come up with money to finance racing than smaller companies like kawi, for example. Especially since the U.S. market is so important to the bike makers. This years no shows were likely due to the economy but honda is pulling out of next year because dmg are a bunch of self-important asshats that care about nothing but money and they think they can follow the nascrap formula for making it. Unfortunately, motorcycle roadracing and its fans are VERY different than nascrap and the people who follow it.

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
I completely agree Phastone but am at a loss as to how this could happen.

Roger Edmondson who runs DMG has been around American RoadRacing for decades and even invented the Supersport class and at one time owned the CCS part of the AMA Professional race series. For years he ran the entire series thru all the great times of the mid to late 80's and early 90's.

I sure wish I could ask him WTF his true agenda really is, because it sure isn't what it was 20 years ago. :dontknow:

Makes no sense. :headshake
Is he in total control of DMG??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts