Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know if there are any truth in the rumors that Honda are bringing out a vee 4 for 2014?:dontknow:

·
Administrator
6,716 Posts
I believe they've confirmed that they are making a vee but as far as when it'll be released :dontknow:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Sounds like it will be a special edition that will be lots of money. The CBR1000 Inline 4 will still be their main literbike. The new one will be priced for comparison with the Pannigale S and other sky-high priced bikes.

·
Registered
581 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yea welcome to 2005 again. We will see. Until there is a bike in the showroom ready to buy, Im not going to believe it. They announced development before, and there were so many spy shots, and then for 7 years all thats out is another f'n announcement. Make the bike or dont. Quit announcing the same f'n bike over an over again with nothing to show for it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looks like they will make one...and it will cost around $75,000. No thanks.

Suzuki holds a patent on their their own V4 motor (and has for a while now) but has still yet to put it in a production bike.

Your best bet at a V4 sportbike any time soon is the Aprilia RSV4.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts

Suzuki holds a patent on their their own V4 motor (and has for a while now) but has still yet to put it in a production bike.

I don't understand Honda they had back in 1986 a 750 with only 105hp(alot of HP back then :wink:) that could do 2.3s 60s 155mph top speed first 750 to hit 10s in a 1/4 mile( Sorry Suk 750 lovers it was not you only the Honda :wink:) and to this day was their fastest mass produce bike for only around 6k and this is maybe their comeback :badteeth: sad really and the reason I love Kawi they seem to be on top of everything these days not so much the competition. :headshake:badteeth:

Bloo

·
Registered
102 Posts

I bet my ZX10R with the suspension mods, lighter wheels, and engine mods will be faster too... Sigh.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I bet my ZX10R with the suspension mods, lighter wheels, and engine mods will be faster too... Sigh.

Well if you are talking about being faster than the RSV4 then you are probably incorrect. That is unless you have more money and resources than WSBK teams. I have watched plenty of those races, and I would say the RSV is just as fast as the Kawi on the straights.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
It was a little more expensive than the cbr it wouldn't be bad. I really miss my RC51 but it sucks that it sounds like it will be more like the RC45.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Well if they did get a v4 I hope that they still keep an in line 4 too , Im not a fan of a v4 on my bike.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I like the power band of a V design. It suits my riding style. I tend to ride in the mid-range instead of at the red line on lost everything I own. The warrentee went out so I traded it in on a what was availible at the time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts