Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
I will be coming by for a day to watch, not sure which one though either Saturday or Sunday.

On a side note, I see your website is coming along, really enjoying the events calendar. Ill stop by and give a hello!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys and Duh, thanks for the compliment on the website. It's been fun doing it.

As for the weekend, well it was mixed to be honest...

Homestead has never really been my best track, even though I enjoy it. I've just never been fast there. But Saturday started out well. But as I went faster, I would catch this headshake, make some changes, push the headshake back, go faster and bam there it is... That was the story of the day. But the progress was good. I got down to a 1:33.1 which for me isn't bad, my previous best was in the Feb races, which was a 1:32.999. So to be about a tenth of that pace, I was happy with that. It meant that on Sunday we should be faster than we were at the last race...

Sunday morning warmup was slowed with some sprinkles of rain on 3-4 corners. Then in the first race, I SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know why, I think I just needed another session to turn my brain on. I only did 34's (on bran new tires - compared to 33's on TRASH tires the day before). I got 6th (which is where I started on the grid, but a good start had me up to 3rd). I was PISSED!

That was the first race this year I didn't get at least a 3rd.

I undid some changes I had made and set up for the next race. Got a good start again and had a good race. Managed to get 3rd and set a new PB at a 1:32.1. And still know I have a LOT of room to grow.

I have to sort out this headshake issue. It's really holding me back! I had one lap where it ripped the bars out of my hand. And another coming onto the front straight it got nasty and tried to buck me off. If it weren't for those 2 moments, I could have had 2nd.

I just can't seem to tell if it's starting in the rear or not... I know I was getting some pumping, I added some compression and it helped the pumping out. I had been slower the rear on Saturday a little at a time and it was helping with the headshake.

I need to work on this more because I know I could and should be at least a second or more faster than I am right now.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,051 Posts
Congrats man!!! I know you aren't as pleased as you could be but it sounds to me as if you did great. Take away the headshake issue and your at the front. That's a good thing. Plus your in one piece. That's a good thing to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts