Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a great idea their using for a weight ballast? And is there anywhere you can buy one for a 10?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Anyone have a great idea their using for a weight ballast? And is there anywhere you can buy one for a 10?
How much weight are you wanting to run? :dontknow:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already have about 10 underneath the triple clamp. But I think another 10 or 15 would really help if I could put it in between the header and block. I know you have to know something or someone who can help me kenny cause your always one step ahead. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I figured out a way to add 4 easy pounds up front and it seemed to help b/c the weights so far forward on the bike.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I figured out a way to add 4 easy pounds up front and it seemed to help b/c the weights so far forward on the bike.
I bet I know where it's at.............:mrgreen:

If your not trying to conceal it. You can take a piece of all thread and go through the front axle, then take some 2.5lb or 5lb weights and tighten them up against the fork tubes on the all thread.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nope

but thats a damn good idea I'll do that too. But I bought a set of the ankle weights at walmart and removed two of the weight bags which weight 2 lbs apiece and took the windshield off and stuck them behind the speedo one you cant see at all but the other is behind the speedo and you can see it if you sit on the bike. It helped I think because its directly over the wheel.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Why not strap the leg weights to the fork tubes?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Why not strap the leg weights to the fork tubes?
Track tech inspectors would probably have a fit about it.:crybaby2: :rant:
At least I know at Houston HRP they would...

But check this out. The front fender of this bike is solid "lead". The guy that built the bike said it weighs over 25lbs.:eyecrazy: :eyecrazy:

talk about weight over the front tire
[/IMG]

·
Registered
357 Posts
Most tracks dont want you to put weight on the forks (safety i guess).Becarefull putting weight behind the wind shield, you can break the ram air tube.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
they came in little rubber bags that are easy to bend and stuff into tight places. I loosely wrapped them with black duct tape so I could still bend them how I needed and so they wouldnt get busted. Plus my bike is black so the first one is really hidden. It cant even been seen through the windshield.:bump:

·
Registered
357 Posts
they came in little rubber bags that are easy to bend and stuff into tight places. I loosely wrapped them with black duct tape so I could still bend them how I needed and so they wouldnt get busted. Plus my bike is black so the first one is really hidden. It cant even been seen through the windshield.:bump:
I've heard of the ram air tube is weak. Putting a couple extra pounds on top of it may cause it to break.Just my 2cents.

·
Registered
34 Posts
If your not trying to conceal it. You can take a piece of all thread and go through the front axle, then take some 2.5lb or 5lb weights and tighten them up against the fork tubes on the all thread

I thought of that too- it would be great to have the weight on the front of the bike but i had to take everything back to lowes because the axle has different size hole openings on each side- i bought a threaded bar and some weight from walmart ive also been looking for 2 sledge hammer heads to mount to the header- seems like they would work well because of the hole in the middle to apply a metal hose clamp but I cant find just the head and the stores and tried to find someone that has broken an old one and i could salvage the head any other ideas ?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I bet I know where it's at.............:mrgreen:

If your not trying to conceal it. You can take a piece of all thread and go through the front axle, then take some 2.5lb or 5lb weights and tighten them up against the fork tubes on the all thread.:thumbsup:
I was looking into doing that.A guy at my local track has two big weights hanging off of his front axel from this method. If I end up doing it I will post up some pictures.

·
Registered
97 Posts
have you had any thoughts about relocating the battery to the front fairing, if theres room. When my zx6r was running i had a single tach and had some room for a battery if needed. I never did it because a. i had it strapped and lowered and it wasnt lifting and b. i ride it on the street c. im lazy.

·
Registered
620 Posts
another good idea is to get a can(like a can of corn or peas, ect) empty the can and melt down some lead. Pour the lead in the can. Let cool. Then put the can behind the headers. Get a piece of straight steel such as s-lock and make a bracket for both sides, you will see where you can mount the brackets. Its really pretty straight forward. Its just like a ballest.
I did it once but to me it felt like i was cheatin so i took it off.

·
Registered
620 Posts
the lower you can get the weight the better.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts