Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I can hit the menu button on my pioneer and it will go straight to the menu. It will skip all the previews. It wont skip the federal copyright warnings but thats only another 20 seconds.I have an old first generation pioneer, dont remember the model number.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Put the movie in about 5 or 10 minutes before you are going to sit and watch it, and leave the tv off. Then when you are ready for the flick, pop on the tv and by that time it should be on the menu. Mine you can usually hit the top guide button (sony) and it will bypass all that bullshit.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Menu button.
Good news is, it isn't a VCR! :lol: At least you can jump to the next chapter without having to scan through it.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
due to some sort of bullshit federal thing that the advertisers polled for a couple of years ago most all newer dvd players will not allow you to bypass the commercials.

My newer sony will not, I can fast forward though and the player will stop at the movies menu screen once it has passed all the way thru the advertisements.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
damn, are we becoming that impatient in today's world that we can't sit and wait 30sec for the main menu? but i hear ya, it can be annoying, but like said above, both my computers and both dvd players jump right to the main menu.

·
Registered
764 Posts
RickRoush03 said:
damn, are we becoming that impatient in today's world that we can't sit and wait 30sec for the main menu? but i hear ya, it can be annoying, but like said above, both my computers and both dvd players jump right to the main menu.
For me it's not that I'm impatient. For me it's about paying for content I didn't want. For rental DVDs, I can see and expect all those ads and previews. But for DVDs I buy with my money to keep....no.....I don't want to sit through useless garbage. For me I would prefer other content being included on the DVD that was uselessly taken up by the previews or increasing the resolution of the video so it's not so compressed or including DTS soundtracks where only AC3 is the only option.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts