Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:frown2: :crying:

Went up to a 190/55R17 Dunlop Q3 ... Noticed the tire has rubbed a hole in my tire hugger. Any suggestions??? Like the way the bike handles with the new tire on and (I will have to order a new 1) I love the CF tire hugger as well...

·
Chairman of the Board
16,097 Posts
Sounds crazy but when I went to a 190/55 on mine I stuffed a rolled up towel in the center of the tire between the tire and hugger then heated it with a heat gun and let it cool. When it cooled it retained the taller shape.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,687 Posts
Space the hugger up by putting some washers in between it and the swing arm like everyone else does!

·
Registered
838 Posts
I had 200 55 on mine with no rubbing.
Firstly is it stock hugger or after market?
Also can you post a pic of how far back you wheel adjusters are in your swing arm?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's an aftermarket CF Tire Hugger identical to stock... I put washers/spacers in where the 2 mounting holes are by the shock, I put insulated 3M foam under the hugger where it mounts to the outside of the swingarm and I put washer/spacer under the hugger where it mounts to the inside of the swingarm under the rear brake line.

My alignment marks are set around ( l-l... ("a hair past the second mark") on the swingarm

·
Registered
838 Posts
It's an aftermarket CF Tire Hugger identical to stock... I put washers/spacers in where the 2 mounting holes are by the shock, I put insulated 3M foam under the hugger where it mounts to the outside of the swingarm and I put washer/spacer under the hugger where it mounts to the inside of the swingarm under the rear brake line.

My alignment marks are set around ( l-l... ("a hair past the second mark") on the swingarm
Theres your problem. After market ones can rub. Mine needed spacers too

·
The Pace
7,158 Posts
I had I power 3 that I wore down to the frabic on the '11 and it slapped the hugger into a mess. I just ignored it. Still have that bike and the hugger still looks flayed and happy. That was 55 if I recall.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts