Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking my gen1 to drag strip tonight and looking for all and any pointers and tips. Its SWB and stock height so besides launching I think keeping the front down is going to be the biggest challenge. I went once before and only made 3 passes neither of which was all out cause I didnt have a full suit but I do now. 9's would be awesome but I doubt it. I think my bike can do it but I dont think I'm skilled enough.

Thanks in advance!

If anyone wants to know here is the mod list:
megacycle cams w/ springs and retainers
Thin HG
PC3 and IM with dyno tune
ceramic trans bearings
full beet nassert exhaust
ohlins shock and R/T forks
520 chain -1F
1/6th throttle
sato rearsets GP shift
And some weight reduction (speedcell bat, CF etc)
There is more but thats what I can think could have an impact on my 1/4 time.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Drop the front end about 10mm if you don't have it strapped already?
then give em' hell man and let us know the results!!

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Drop the front end about 10mm if you don't have it strapped already?
then give em' hell man and let us know the results!!
No strap, I'll see if I have time to drop the front before I head out. Thanks!!

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
No worries man and just loosening those 8 bolts (total) on the upper and lower triples to drop the trees down a bit will make quite a bit of difference in keeping or i should say in "helping" keep the front end down bud.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
No strap, I'll see if I have time to drop the front before I head out. Thanks!!
def pick up a strap if you can they help out a ton, also slide the forks up about a inch if you havent already, takes only 30 min to do and it also helps, good luck and let us know wat she runs.

·
Registered
772 Posts
sounds like you have some good parts to work with.dragracing isnt anything somebody can tell you how to do,you just gota get out and ride that bike every chance you get and every pass you will learn sumtin....riding a swb will give you one hell of a clutch hand.keep us posted!

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No worries man and just loosening those 8 bolts (total) on the upper and lower triples to drop the trees down a bit will make quite a bit of difference in keeping or i should say in "helping" keep the front end down bud.
10 for me I have attack clip ons but I know what you mean.

def pick up a strap if you can they help out a ton, also slide the forks up about a inch if you havent already, takes only 30 min to do and it also helps, good luck and let us know wat she runs.
I've been meaing to get lowering links and a strap for when I want to hit the strip but most my money is going into a different toy right now. I'll have to start looking around for one though.

sounds like you have some good parts to work with.dragracing isnt anything somebody can tell you how to do,you just gota get out and ride that bike every chance you get and every pass you will learn sumtin....riding a swb will give you one hell of a clutch hand.keep us posted!
I'm just a HP junkie and teh dragstrip is a lot closer than the local track for a trackday is.

Didnt get a chance to run. They actually had a professional event so I just turned around and went home :( I'll try again soon!!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
bcm...You should be able to lower the rear end of your bike with your ohlins shock... No need to buy lowering links...

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bcm...You should be able to lower the rear end of your bike with your ohlins shock... No need to buy lowering links...
Good point! I'm not very good with suspension setup so it didnt cross my mind, time to bust out the instructions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts