Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Yeah I am for sure going to get that.

This film shows how far Dorna has come in developing Grand Prix racing.

Unfortunately it also illustrates the pathetic state of motorcycle racing in America.

MotoAmerica has sadly turned out to be less interesting, by far, than WSMC was at its peak, when Jason Pridmore was winning the Toyota 200 at the 2.5-mile road course and the classes gave rise to many excellent riders.

Rainey made what I feel was a very unusual statement to the effect that racers in MA should actively dislike one another and show it in the pits. I just don't see how that can help the organization when the racing itself and the riders are simply at a B-player level or lower.

Creating emotional drama and rivalry in the pits or during the post-race interview might seem like a good plan, but MotoGP has done the opposite. The racers are very personable, crowd-friendly, and cooperative with PR efforts, all while being the finest riders in the world.

I been watching Formula One Grand Prix motorcycle racing since 1983, it was great in the 80's and early 90's, but got boring for a time.

These days, I'm seriously hooked. Bought the videopass and watch every race and quite a few of the other videos.

MotoGP has a done a great job of making the sport the equal of F1 car racing.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Yeah I am for sure going to get that.

This film shows how far Dorna has come in developing Grand Prix racing.

Unfortunately it also illustrates the pathetic state of motorcycle racing in America.

MotoAmerica has sadly turned out to be less interesting, by far, than WSMC was at its peak, when Jason Pridmore was winning the Toyota 200 at the 2.5-mile road course and the classes gave rise to many excellent riders.

Rainey made what I feel was a very unusual statement to the effect that racers in MA should actively dislike one another and show it in the pits. I just don't see how that can help the organization when the racing itself and the riders are simply at a B-player level or lower.

Creating emotional drama and rivalry in the pits or during the post-race interview might seem like a good plan, but MotoGP has done the opposite. The racers are very personable, crowd-friendly, and cooperative with PR efforts, all while being the finest riders in the world.

I been watching Formula One Grand Prix motorcycle racing since 1983, it was great in the 80's and early 90's, but got boring for a time.

These days, I'm seriously hooked. Bought the videopass and watch every race and quite a few of the other videos.

MotoGP has a done a great job of making the sport the equal of F1 car racing.
I just hate how they skip 9/10 of the laps but bs for half hour..

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
That made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.
It is a great time for motorcycle racing.

Have to say it is nowhere near as "tooth-and-nail" as it used to be.

But as we have seen in more and more races (the last one at Brno, for example), winning races is hardly at all about banging handlebars. It is about precision, consistency, restraint, churning out lap after lap within 0.1 second of each other.

The top three riders there were all very much on their game. It was a very boring race for anyone looking for action in the top three positions but highly analytical.

Another reason I like it now is because the bikes are much closer to what we have on the street. 1980s, 2-cycle GP bikes were nothing like streetbikes. Technology does in fact directly move to street machines.

·
Is still Slo
1,538 Posts
[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B013GF2JWM"]Hitting the Apex [Blu-ray] [2015]: Amazon.co.uk: Valentino Rossi, Brad Pitt, Marc Marquez, Jorge Lorenzo, Mark Neale: DVD & Blu-ray[/ame]

Sorry somehow its not linking properly, but amazon.co.uk

·
Registered
169 Posts
I was not able to find anything on Amazon for the U.S., for pre-order.
As the video only shows "UK Trailer", perhaps this is only for Europe..?

"In Cinemas September 2, on DVD/Blu-Ray September 7", but I don't find anything for United States about this.

Even the IMDb site, has nothing for it....
Hitting the Apex (2015) - IMDb

Quite pathetic marketing going on here....

This is all I could find for United States -
Video: "Hitting The Apex" MotoGP Movie Trailer | MotoAmerica
"According to Neale, "Hitting The Apex" is scheduled to begin theatrical screenings in North America this November."

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
so absolutely distressed that its not ewan mcgregor but bradd pitt narrating it. i'm not sure i can listen to him for two hours talk monotonously about shit we already know

·
Is still Slo
1,538 Posts
Got mine in today from Amazon UK, was worried about the whole Region B thing, but my PS4 is playing it :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I watched it yesterday. Not a bad flick, but a little long. It sounds like they are coming out with a North American version soon with a better sound track and a lot more bonus stuff.

·
Registered
169 Posts

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
I cant wait until Rossi wins this year and they have to make yet another movie featuring him!

Stoner can keep fishing for all i care.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I gotta grab this, the misses has been nagging about watching a movie lately. Little does she know she is in for a big treat haha.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts